charity shield loyalty thought....

Lad I know is going on Sunday. His first match since Bolton away in 2008. He doesnt normally go as in his words "He cant be arsed".

Should he get priority for a Cup Final?

Next year those who do go the cup games will be rewarded is they signed up to the cup direct schemes. It clearly says that these will get priority.

Thats answers the question.

I think I should be guaranteed tickets for cup finals, no reason, just a thought really.

schfc6 said:
Oh this again., it's not fair I went every cup game and didn't get a final ticket.
Well I got a ticket because, I spent years going all over the country for cup and league games. Places I've been with City range from Groclin disco ball or whatever it was called, to Lokeren, to Bournmouth to Mansfield in a pre season friendly to Doncaster, the infamous friendly where Barton got his arse handed to him by Keegan and some big black dude playing centre mid for Doncaster. Effectively I've been all over the place with City, we even had to blag a lift back from a league game at Port Vale because we had no money for the train and we were too young to drive. Yet because it's my best mates daughters Christening I should miss next years final if we get there? That sounds fair. I know why don't we come up with a system that rewards years of loyalty, something like a points system where the more games you have attended, the longer you have had a season ticket the more points you get,, that sounds fair to me.
Glad you agree :)

danburge82 said:
stonie said:
would never happen but I personally think city should award the loyal blues going to wembley on Sunday with a first shout at tickets for our next final....that would ruffle a few feathers though prob not fare on the ones that can't go on Sunday due to financial restraints...
That's the biggest load of bollocks I've ever heard in my life!

A few questions:
Were you at the FA Youth Cup final a few years ago when just 19000 turned up? (Sheff Utd got 29977 for the final afew months ago and took 4500 to Old Trafford for the second leg!)! I was there! It was a more important game than this or any other Community Shield will ever be!
Were you at West Brom in the League Cup last season? Hardly any Blues there at all! I was there! It was a more important game than this or any other Community Shield will ever be!
Were you at Barnsley a few years ago in our home leg of the UEFA Cup Qualifyer against EB Streymur? The club were expecting 15000+ and only 7000 bothered with it! I was there! It was a more important game than this or any other Community Shield will ever be!
Were you at all those Prem games last season and any other where we don't sell out? Must be over 10 a season! I don't go to them all, I'm not lucky enough to afford every single one! But were you since you're banging the drum so hard over this pre-season exhibition game that many fans from every club up and down the country don't care about from the top of the Prem to the Conference, I thougt I'd confirm how you deserve to be talking so much shite!

Fucking pipe down with yer shite opinions and comments! Go to the game, enjoy it, give the Rags a load of shit, but stop dirtying this forum with bullshit!

-- Thu Aug 04, 2011 10:40 am --

mcgrathc said:
Totally Agree, I went to every cup match last season home and away plus replays and could not get a cup final ticket, although all our home games were poorly supported, I recall Leicester and Notts County, where the chant was "your grounds too big for you" due to stay away fans!! now I am going to the Charity sheild, taking my Son and daughter, who also went to every cup match and nephew plus another adult for a great day out and big match experience.

To be honest at this time of the year the financial commitments are pretty heavy, most people going on holiday etc, and it is no different for me, but £100 for 5 tickets isnt too bad albeit the delivery charge/booking fee is terrible!!

I think it is the travelling which is more of a burden (£135.00 for all of us) so why didnt we have the game near home say Villa Park, it is nearer for us, and also for MU as their fans would only have to travel the same distance from London, and Birmingham Airport is just as accessible for Foreign travel as Manchester!!!
Well done, I went to every home and away cup match last season too but bothered to go when we were shit too so I had enough points for the semi and the final! If you keep going every season you'll eventually have enough points to toto finals!

funny as fook, why should I pipe down, can say what I want as long as I don't offends and in reply to Your questions, yes I was at the youth cup final but not at the west brom game nor the game at barnsley as I was it In turkey, as for the premier games that didn't sell out, of course I was, was sat in my same self next to my lads as of every home game...oh if your on about gamestoo showing of how effin loyal you are cos you seam massive...were you at the home game against Mansfield in 98 in the ldv cup where only 3900 turned up...funny how every one seemed to be at this game now...so you pipe up and stop biting at a tongue and cheek thread...

Fair point regarding loyalty points, hopefully this season I will get more points, the problem is that I wanted to sit with my Family, and as I was the only one with a lot of loyalty points, I had to wait for the numbers of points to drop for my wife!!

But just to let you know regarding being bothered, I had a season ticket back in the Late 70's when I was a Junior Blue, and you had to rip out the tickets on match day, sitting in the Platt Lane (Junior Blues Section next to the KIPPAX), sometimes getting the previlage to get into the Kippax if the stewards open the gates! and in my early teens/twenties went Home and away to watch City on the matchday "specials" trundling down to the buffet car for a meat pie! Watching City when we had players such as The Great Colin Bell, Denis Tuart etc and other players such as Jim Tomlie, Dereck Parlane, Gerry Gow etc, and stood on the terraces at places like Carlise, Crystal Palace etc when we were relegated by Luton when we were pretty poor, I even had the prevalige to watch us win in 1976, and also watch both Finals in 1981 , so I am not a glory seeker who has just started attending games, but as with many guys, when you get a family, travelling home and away each week becomes impossible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.