Charity Shield - Post Match Thread

Match of the Day at 10.30pm on BBC1 - will be interesting to see how Lineker and co saw it and how much bias toward Liverpool there will be if they discuss the forthcoming league season

Or Ben Foden, according to pointer!
Camel Gob called him Ben Foden as well. If point a lot says “ to be perfectly honest with you” (which must be difficult for any Scouser to say) one more time I will start a petition that he goes the same way as the Spitting Scouser.

This is why we needed to win. Set the story of the season in the press.

If we'd have lost, it would have all been about how we can be got at, instead every United & Liverpool player is going to be reading about how we're still just as good as we were last season when we were miles too good for them.

I didn’t watch it, I’m on holiday but followed it on Twitter and on here

If we’d have lost 5-0 my attitude would have been that it’s only a friendly so I don’t want to read too much into what seemed like a fantastic performance

That said, it’s always better to win than lose but I’d swap today for 3 points V Arsenal

Having said that, we don’t swap anything for anything these days. We are brilliant and Arsenal don’t want to be playing is next week

Like you say, it's only a friendly. But I was pleased and a bit surprised how well we played and our sharpness, given how little they have played.

Like you say, it's only a friendly. But I was pleased and a bit surprised how well we played and our sharpness, given how little they have played.

That is what has come across, th sharpness

Going back to when Arsenal beat us in the CS a few years ago, we were well off but dismissed it as a just a friendly but maybe it sets the tone

We won’t know until May, of course. But it’s a good start

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.