Charlie Gard

inchy14

stunned, dazed and still can't quite believe it!!
Just wondered what views people had on this extremely sad and tragic story?

Personally i feel that the parents have ended up putting their own desires in front of the poor child's, i know it must be desperately hard to come to terms with your child dying and you'd obviously want to try and do anything possible, but he would have had such a poor standard of life even if they'd been able to save him that i don't see why you would want to have him live like that.

I'm sure if i was in their situation i'd feel a little differently but for me i think they should have decided some time ago to let him die peacefully and with a little dignity.

Thoughts?

cant fault your views,but even if there is a 1% chance for the lad I cant fault the parents for fighting,my daughter was born with about 1/4 of her brain missing due to a blood clot,i even offered to have part of my brain transplanted( hahaha I was desperate at the time)parents will do anything.

I think we all have different opinions on this but until you are in there shoes then I think you can't judge there reasons for the actions they have taken.

All very sad, but I have no opinion on the medical details of the case, as despite what the press have reported nobody other than the medical professionals, the courts and the parents will know the full facts.

What really pisses me of with cases like this (and other such cases like the MEN Area bombing victims), is that it is played out in the media and peoples souls are laid bare for all to see like some kind of macabre peep show, just to fill minutes on a news bulletin, or column inches in a newspaper.

I think we all have different opinions on this but until you are in there shoes then I think you can't judge there reasons for the actions they have taken.

Correct. No one can know how much pain a parent is prepared to allow their child to endure whilst hanging on to the hope that a solution can be found.

The fact that the poor kid couldn't show any reaction to pain due to his condition must have made that decision even harder.

I've had to take the decision to switch my baby daughter's life support off knowing that there was virtually no prospect of her being able to survive independently. She'd suffered severe oxygen deprivation, massive organ damage and her heart was giving up.

It wasn't an easy decision emotionally of course and thinking about it tortures me every single day. But it was 100% the right thing to do for her sake.

They're situation is slightly different as I understand it but not hugely so. There's no cure and possibly a miniscule chance that he might not get any worse. He's going to die soon anyway

Doctors can be utter arseholes but this should never have been played out in a court in the public glare. Sometimes life deals you a shitty hand and you've just got to deal with it as best you can. They've been very self-centred I think although I obviously feel for them. I suspect they're not going to be able to deal with the aftermath very well.

All very sad, but I have no opinion on the medical details of the case, as despite what the press have reported nobody other than the medical professionals, the courts and the parents will know the full facts.

What really pisses me of with cases like this (and other such cases like the MEN Area bombing victims), is that it is played out in the media and peoples souls are laid bare for all to see like some kind of macabre peep show, just to fill minutes on a news bulletin, or column inches in a newspaper.

Yes, it's the constant being in the spotlight that isn't helpful to them in my opinion.

I've had to take the decision to switch my baby daughter's life support off knowing that there was virtually no prospect of her being able to survive independently. She'd suffered severe oxygen deprivation, massive organ damage and her heart was giving up.

It wasn't an easy decision emotionally of course and thinking about it tortures me every single day. But it was 100% the right thing to do for her sake.

They're situation is slightly different as I understand it but not hugely so. There's no cure and possibly a miniscule chance that he might not get any worse. He's going to die soon anyway

Doctors can be utter arseholes but this should never have been played out in a court in the public glare. Sometimes life deals you a shitty hand and you've just got to deal with it as best you can. They've been very self-centred I think although I obviously feel for them. I suspect they're not going to be able to deal with the aftermath very well.

I agree with that, think they'll struggle massively afterwards.

I get the parent's stance but the fact it has been played out in the media is appalling....

The guy from the US nothing but a fucking trouble maker....

Sad but the parents will do what they think is right despite the reality of the situation... Medical professionals make awful decisions on a daily basis and sentiment has to be removed to arrive at the right clinical diagnosis.... the abuse and vitriol that Gt Ormond St staff have been subjected to has to be dealt with by the police....

It's tragic and heartbreaking.

I can understand the parents perspective and the medical opinion and to see this played out in the media the way it is disgusts me.

Id let them have a little peace and spend their last days/hours with their son without the media glare

I have followed this story,it's desperately sad
I do think they should have been allowed to take him to america,there was nothing to lose imo
They have him on life support and will be giving him pain relief
The parents will never get over this,it'll haunt them forever with the what if question never leaving them i would think

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.