Chat GPT

i don't think people realise just how profound SORA is. If you look at the videos, it's easy to marvel at the quality of the videos, generated in response to simple Engish prompts. You look at the videos and say "Wow".

BUT... that is only half the story. In fact it's 1% of the story. What is truly mind-bending, shocking even, is that to do what it does, SORA has itself without instruction, figured out how physics works. It cannot render tiny ships floating in a cup of foaming coffee without understanding the motion of ships, without understanding that coffee is not like water and that it foams differently, without understanding depth of field to make the ships look small. It cannot create a video of a woman walking in Tokyo with understanding how fabric sways and moves, how her hangbag would swing.

It was not taught to understand these things. They just showed it lots of other videos and it's just figured it out. This is yet more, but this time much more compelling evidence, that these AI's we are creating, really do in some sense "think". The idea that e.g. GPT4 is just generating the next words in a sentence without understanding anything, is just wrong. These thinks are thinking already.
Listening to a movie podcast and they are worried about this basically like all of PIXAR could be made redundant as it could easily do it, apparently the movie studios are having to find the best way to deal with it, lots of jobs could go. The only thing holding them back is the amount needed not enough chips can be produced at the moment for AI to kick in how they want,

The world has changed irreversibly again today with the reveal of GPT-4o.

Up until now, text-to-speech AIs weren't really good enough to convince you they were human. This omni-modal model however... well I'll let you judge for yourselves:

Two points:

If it's real, it's overdone, imo. You want that sense of barrier to communicate rather than emote with... Or it just makes "Her" not such a dumb, unrealistic (not my opinion, but that's what was said on BM) film, after all.

And, I don't see the point in it. Unless the point is to augment reality with AI to become a 'companion', but one would lose connection to the real world, taking me back to my first point? Again, I'd refer to watching "Her" for this example.

However, it does make sex robots more of a sure thing...

Listening to a movie podcast and they are worried about this basically like all of PIXAR could be made redundant as it could easily do it, apparently the movie studios are having to find the best way to deal with it, lots of jobs could go. The only thing holding them back is the amount needed not enough chips can be produced at the moment for AI to kick in how they want,

This is, partially, why there was a strike; to guarantee AI as non-inclusion into the big filming industry of Hollywood.

Pretty sure once other geeks/ art studios start making film without actors, the Hollywood moguls will fuck that deal right off!

i don't think people realise just how profound SORA is. If you look at the videos, it's easy to marvel at the quality of the videos, generated in response to simple Engish prompts. You look at the videos and say "Wow".

BUT... that is only half the story. In fact it's 1% of the story. What is truly mind-bending, shocking even, is that to do what it does, SORA has itself without instruction, figured out how physics works. It cannot render tiny ships floating in a cup of foaming coffee without understanding the motion of ships, without understanding that coffee is not like water and that it foams differently, without understanding depth of field to make the ships look small. It cannot create a video of a woman walking in Tokyo with understanding how fabric sways and moves, how her hangbag would swing.

It was not taught to understand these things. They just showed it lots of other videos and it's just figured it out. This is yet more, but this time much more compelling evidence, that these AI's we are creating, really do in some sense "think". The idea that e.g. GPT4 is just generating the next words in a sentence without understanding anything, is just wrong. These thinks are thinking already.

Sora does not undertsand physics or how it works, but rather is refining the simulation of physics from various model sources to a higher standard.

Most maths is still beyond AI, although no doubt that'll be a problem solved in time, and when it is....boom, shit will get very real indeed.

Sora does not understand physics or how it works, but rather is refining the simulation of physics from various model sources to a higher standard.
I think the word "understand" is not rich enough to cover what is going on inside an LLM's billions of connections and weightings.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.