cheap travel(flights) help needdd

mancity56

I am looking to fly back to the uk for the game on sunday, regardless of villa score. Moved i the US 2 years ago and have came back to watch some games but the price of flights has been rising. Ive checked the usual skyscanner and orbit and its comin in around $1,100 return. do any blues know any tricks or ways to fly on the cheap, any help appreciated
thanks

Here's one that barely anyone seems to appreciate, and that's to not just look at flights, but to look at flight and (cheap) hotel combinations. Airlines issue what are called IT (Inclusive Tour) fares which are cheaper, but require an additional component in order to hide the value of the air fare (what it says on the ticket isn't the price).

So it really can benefit you to go and talk to a tour operator over there and see what they come up with. Even if you don't need the accommodation, because you just picks somewhere for £20 a hundred miles away and forget about it.

Otherwise it's the usual thing of looking at alternative routings via Europe or Iceland.

At this short notice? Next to no chance of getting cheap flights. Cheap-ER, maybe. But it's still going to cost you an arm and a leg. I went over to the Fulham game a few weeks back; booked the flight (Knock-Liverpool) around 3-4 weeks before the game, and it cost €68. Can't get a ticket for the West Ham game, but even if I could, the same flight booking today would cost me €262!

mancity56 said:
I am looking to fly back to the uk for the game on sunday, regardless of villa score. Moved i the US 2 years ago and have came back to watch some games but the price of flights has been rising. Ive checked the usual skyscanner and orbit and its comin in around $1,100 return. do any blues know any tricks or ways to fly on the cheap, any help appreciated
thanks
Hello mate, send us your details,airport budget and when I get back I will see what we come up with.mac
Www. Citizentravel.co.uk

Henkeman said:
Here's one that barely anyone seems to appreciate, and that's to not just look at flights, but to look at flight and (cheap) hotel combinations. Airlines issue what are called IT (Inclusive Tour) fares which are cheaper, but require an additional component in order to hide the value of the air fare (what it says on the ticket isn't the price).

So it really can benefit you to go and talk to a tour operator over there and see what they come up with. Even if you don't need the accommodation, because you just picks somewhere for £20 a hundred miles away and forget about it.

Otherwise it's the usual thing of looking at alternative routings via Europe or Iceland.

Thanks ,will look into it .

jimharri said:
At this short notice? Next to no chance of getting cheap flights. Cheap-ER, maybe. But it's still going to cost you an arm and a leg. I went over to the Fulham game a few weeks back; booked the flight (Knock-Liverpool) around 3-4 weeks before the game, and it cost €68. Can't get a ticket for the West Ham game, but even if I could, the same flight booking today would cost me €262!
That's crazy prices, the cost of airfare is a joke

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.