Cheating Refs

LPoolFan said:
zandvoort blue said:
LPoolFan said:
I already defended this point several times.

He makes a meal of it, exaggerates the contact so he gets the free kick. It isn't premeditated, he reacts to contact on his leading foot.

I beg to difer, for him to propel himself with his left foot he has premeditated his actions, he couldn`t simply feel contact and then fire himself airbourne. If he been legitimately caught he would have simply fallen downwards to his left.

You underestimate Suarez' theatrics then lol

Simple science

LPoolFan said:
zandvoort blue said:
LPoolFan said:
But the incident yesterday is one where we believe there's contact, so we defend it.

If you believe there was contact please explain why from the pictures I posted 2 pages ago that if Suarez had been caught by MDM then momentum would have caused him to fall to his left. But instead he has used his left foot to propel himself to his right. He knew exactly what he was doing, a premeditated DIVE, and most definitely a booking.

He makes a meal of it, exaggerates the contact so he gets the free kick. It isn't premeditated, he reacts to contact on his leading foot.

-- Mon Apr 14, 2014 7:37 pm --

Prestwich_Blue said:
LPoolFan said:
But the incident yesterday is one where we believe there's contact, so we defend it.
There has to be intent.

Suarez incident aside that is complete rubbish.
Alright. Intent is a bad way to describe it but a foul has to be as a result of being careless, reckless or using excessive force. Not simply contact. Demichelis was none of those in that incident.

That cheat saw a leg and threw himself over it. That's not a foul.

Seem to remember him bottling it at Chelsea a couple of years ago .Didn't give a 100 % penalty for foul on Silva when we were one up and we went on to loose. History repeats ---but this one could be more expensive. Hopefully what goes around comes around --- Norwich v Scousers perhaps

I wonder who we will get for the Everton game. Mike Dean would be good, so it won't be him.

Plus who will they give Liv v Chavs to?

Prestwich_Blue said:
LPoolFan said:
zandvoort blue said:
If you believe there was contact please explain why from the pictures I posted 2 pages ago that if Suarez had been caught by MDM then momentum would have caused him to fall to his left. But instead he has used his left foot to propel himself to his right. He knew exactly what he was doing, a premeditated DIVE, and most definitely a booking.

Prestwich_Blue said:
There has to be intent.

Alright. Intent is a bad way to describe it but a foul has to be as a result of being careless, reckless or using excessive force. Not simply contact. Demichelis was none of those in that incident.

He has often seen a leg and thrown himself over it, when there was no leg there. He is as much a cheat as he is a class finisher! And I suspect that Suarez himself couldn't tell you honestly which of the two he prefers.

Prestwich_Blue said:
LPoolFan said:
zandvoort blue said:

Prestwich_Blue said:
There has to be intent.

I'll agree with that for the most part. Would you not agree that that's how the game has gone now? Look at penalties, you'll always get a penalty with the slightest bit of contact. Commentators point to this all the time, then we have the over analysis of 'was there any contact?' on Sky and MOTD.

We then have strikers who try to stay on their feet through contact and get nothing for it, which puts them in a difficult situation with potentially a lot on the line.

I just think its all a bit different now, the rules for a lot of football need a shake up and clearer guidelines, the state of refereeing in this country is abysmal. Who can really point to a ref they don't have issues with?

I'll leave it there I think as this argument is becoming circular, my first posts on Bluemoon were respectful, little bit caught up in it after yesterday obviously.

The title of this thread should read Cheating Refs are Cheating Reds.

In Fergie's lifetime the refs were red.

Are LFC the new MuFC? Or is it just that MuFc were the new Lfc and things are back to normal.

What is obvious is that the refs have to protect the cozy Sky4 cartel.

And things never even out themselves along the season. Never.

1961_vintage said:
I wonder who we will get for the Everton game. Mike Dean would be good, so it won't be him.

Plus who will they give Liv v Chavs to?
My money is on John Terry......

LPoolFan said:
BringBackSwales said:
LPoolFan said:
The Chavs defended Drogba, the Mancs defended Ronaldo. If you lot had Drogba, Ronaldo or Suarez let's not pretend you really wouldn't give a fuck. That's the nature of football supporters.

but we have not got droga, Ronaldo and suarez that's the point - we don't want shitty diving scumbags, and fortunately we don't have them - suarez and sturridge have been at it all fucking season, and like yesterday getting away with it, snidey cheaking cunts

Yaya has dived plenty this season.

Go ahead and sell him.

ok then, name them? Go on la, fucking name them

LPoolFan said:
Prestwich_Blue said:
LPoolFan said:

I'll agree with that for the most part. Would you not agree that that's how the game has gone now? Look at penalties, you'll always get a penalty with the slightest bit of contact. Commentators point to this all the time, then we have the over analysis of 'was there any contact?' on Sky and MOTD.

We then have strikers who try to stay on their feet through contact and get nothing for it, which puts them in a difficult situation with potentially a lot on the line.

I just think its all a bit different now, the rules for a lot of football need a shake up and clearer guidelines, the state of refereeing in this country is abysmal. Who can really point to a ref they don't have issues with?

I'll leave it there I think as this argument is becoming circular, my first posts on Bluemoon were respectful, little bit caught up in it after yesterday obviously.
I was thinking you were just on a wind up and was waiting to see your next post before deciding whether to ditch you so well done for that one. You're safe for now! ;-)

Seriously that's an excellent point. The problem these days is slow motion replays from every angle and pundits who don't understand the laws, plus players who look to take advantage at any opportunity and refs who are totally inconsistent. That same referee denied us an absolutely clear penalty at Chelsea two seasons ago and sent off Craig Bellamy for diving at Bolton when he had clearly been fouled. If that had been Balotelli yesterday he'd have gone without a shadow of a doubt. That's why we get annoyed.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.