Ched Evans - serious injury

Davs 19 said:
blueish swede said:
When I liven in the UK the son of one of my neighbours was convicted of rape. He was in the army. He was dishonourably discharged. No one thought that was strange or unfair. His career path (with 8 years service) went up in smoke. Tough shit for him.

If a bank manager was convicted of rape do you think they would be let out of jail on Friday and be back in the office on Monday? I'm guessing no. What about a kitchen fitter? Probably not either. It's no different for celebrities who rape. Will Gay Glitter be selling out any tours this year? Will Staurt Hall be appearing in panto?

How many convicted rapists actually get to return to their old job as if nothing had happened? I suspect very very few.
Ched Evans had a professional football contract. He lost the contract because of his own disgraceful and disgusting criminal actions. No-one should feel sorry for him. Ched's case is no different to any other, the only diference is that Ched thinks it should be.

Quality post that's bang on the money. Sadly, I'm sure the apologists and bleeding liberal hearts will be along shortly to to hurl some personal abuse at you.

When you refer to 'bleeding heart liberals' do you include those who are quite content with the law being seen to have been administered and then that is done? What do you call someone who isn't?

moomba said:
If the kitchen fitter was lucky enough to be offered his old job back do you think he should be allowed to take it?

No, not if it involved going in to peoples homes and possibly meeting women who were alone at home.

Yes, if he was offered a job in the factory making units, but only if the job was compatible with the strict parole conditions I would like to see him live under for the rest of his life.

blueish swede said:
moomba said:
If the kitchen fitter was lucky enough to be offered his old job back do you think he should be allowed to take it?

No, not if it involved going in to peoples homes and possibly meeting women who were alone at home.

Yes, if he was offered a job in the factory making units, but only if the job was compatible with the strict parole conditions I would like to see him live under for the rest of his life.

So a professional footballer who is lucky enough to be offered his job back should also be able to take it providing it complies with parole conditions?

mackenzie said:
Davs 19 said:
blueish swede said:
When I liven in the UK the son of one of my neighbours was convicted of rape. He was in the army. He was dishonourably discharged. No one thought that was strange or unfair. His career path (with 8 years service) went up in smoke. Tough shit for him.

If a bank manager was convicted of rape do you think they would be let out of jail on Friday and be back in the office on Monday? I'm guessing no. What about a kitchen fitter? Probably not either. It's no different for celebrities who rape. Will Gay Glitter be selling out any tours this year? Will Staurt Hall be appearing in panto?

How many convicted rapists actually get to return to their old job as if nothing had happened? I suspect very very few.
Ched Evans had a professional football contract. He lost the contract because of his own disgraceful and disgusting criminal actions. No-one should feel sorry for him. Ched's case is no different to any other, the only diference is that Ched thinks it should be.

Quality post that's bang on the money. Sadly, I'm sure the apologists and bleeding liberal hearts will be along shortly to to hurl some personal abuse at you.

When you refer to 'bleeding heart liberals' do you include those who are quite content with the law being seen to have been administered and then that is done? What do you call someone who isn't?

Dont worry Mackensie we'll have law by internet freaked out nutters soon.

moomba said:
So a professional footballer who is lucky enough to be offered his job back should also be able to take it providing it complies with parole conditions?

I am ambivalent on the issue, but the reason the kitchen fitter is not offered his job back, or the pop star, or the bank manager is not because of parole conditions it's because of public opinion and social pressure. The same will almost certainly apply to a footballer.

If there were to be a de facto change and people with serious criminal convictions were allowed to resume their former life without prejudice after they had been released (after half their sentence) I would suggest their would be a groundswell of opinion for much harsher and longer sentences.

mackenzie said:
Davs 19 said:
blueish swede said:

You probably need to read my previous posts on this rather than taking one in isolation.
For what it's worth, my view is as follows:

a) Ched Evans is a convicted rapist.

b) He's served out half his sentence and has been released on licence subject to certain conditions.

c) He is absolutely entitled to seek employment in any profession he chooses.

d) Nobody has any sort of obligation to employ him.

e) I personally wouldn't employ a convicted rapist as I'd view anyone capable of it as morally bankrupt scum.

f) in the unlikely event of him being proved innocent, my view would change completely.

g) the perception of his innocence by some on here is fuelled by a website run by his family.

h) Some who accept his guilt feel he should be able to resume his career as though nothing had happened. Life's not like that.

I) I feel that some on here protest his innocence without any real evidence and because he's a footballer and a former Blue.

Just my opinion.

I probably need to leave this thread alone now as I've already expended to much energy on a rapist.

Davs 19 said:
mackenzie said:
Davs 19 said:

You probably need to read my previous posts on this rather than taking one in isolation.

b) He's served out half his sentence and has been released on licence subject to certain conditions.

e) I personally wouldn't employ a convicted rapist as I'd view anyone capable of it as morally bankrupt scum.

f) in the unlikely event of him being proved innocent, my view would change completely.

g) the perception of his innocence by some on here is fuelled by a website run by his family.

h) Some who accept his guilt feel he should be able to resume his career as though nothing had happened. Life's not like that.

I) I feel that some on here protest his innocence without any real evidence and because he's a footballer and a former Blue.

Just my opinion.

I probably need to leave this thread alone now as I've already expended to much energy on a rapist.

That doesn't answer my original question though.; why does someone get tarred with the 'bleeding heart liberal' shit just because they are content to let the law take its course?

Anyway, I've dealt with offenders with much worse crimes than Evans. Murderers on a couple of occasions. One of whom was lucky enough to find an enlightened employer who gave him a job. And one which he excelled at and settled down with a wife and a child. All at the grand age of 54 after 30 years in prison.

mackenzie said:
Davs 19 said:
mackenzie said:

Just my opinion.

That doesn't answer my original question though.; why does someone get tarred with the 'bleeding heart liberal' shit just because they are content to let the law take its course?

Anyway, I've dealt with offenders with much worse crimes than Evans. Murderers on a couple of occasions. One of whom was lucky enough to find an enlightened employer who gave him a job. And one which he excelled at and settled down with a wife and a child. All at the grand age of 54 after 30 years in prison.
Great news. I'm glad you've been able to draw some positives out of someone's murder.

Davs 19 said:
mackenzie said:
Davs 19 said:

Just my opinion.

Great news and I'm glad you've seen some positives.

Thank you. I just hate witch hunts, that's all.
Oh, just seen that you edited your post. Can't even debate with you now. Good night.

mackenzie said:

And that is without doubt a positive thing. The difference, IMO, with Evans is that he will be in the limelight and his victim will be at risk of seeing his likeness and having their life invaded by news of him. I think the victims rights to rebuild their life should weigh heavy in the balance.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.