Chelsea 2017/2018

Discussion in 'General football forum' started by Vialli98, 30 May 2017.

1. Easy

Easy

True, many teams wanted Bakayoko but he has turned out to be a massive flop so far. Alex Sandro would of been a great buy but not even sure why they went for him so hard when they have Alonso who I think is decent. Moses would be the fullback I would say an upgrade is needed for. Morata started well then hit a drought and got injured. Was shocked at the figures paid for both him and The Belgian Bony. Morata has been a bench player for his whole career and he goes for such a fee???

Kante has been holding them together, thought he had an amazing game against Barcelona.

Hazard is great on his day but I can say I’ve never been much of a fan of his. Sulked for a whole season which is terrible behavior. Often has days when he doesn’t show up and just doesn’t want to be there. Really hope we are not dumb enough to drop £150m on him.

2. Vienna_70

Vienna_70

My Chelsea-supporting mate at work said something similar this morning.

3. BlueAnorak

BlueAnorak

All over the press in snippets on stories from the City v Chelsea game, apparantly Chelsea players were shocked how difficult it was getting the ball off City and how difficult it was to keep the ball once they had it.
    Did they think it was a fluke that City were so many points ahead?

4. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

So Kante missed the match after fainting in the dressing room? Now that's what I call a fear factor.

5. Tevez City

Tevez City

Replacing Costa & Matic for Morata & Bakayoko has weaken them.

And I think Luiz is beter than Rodiger.

I hope we dont do the same mistake by replacing Sergio and Fernandinho with whoever out there.

6. Henkeman

Henkeman

Given Davide Astori's death that morning, seeing Kante faint must have been terrifying and distressing for the Chelsea players. Not sure it's a joking matter.

7. aguero93:20

aguero93:20

It was actually at their training ground on Friday, but point taken.

8. Henkeman

Henkeman

Didn't realise it was the Friday - also noted.

9. Mallorca Blue

Mallorca Blue

Understandably, Conte would have expected to get the same financial backing as his predecessors but he must realise now that he isn't going to get it and wants out.
    The Russian's personal wealth has fallen dramatically in the last years and he can't risk taking the financial hits to bring in the world's best players at their current prices.

So Chelsea will now be working to a budget which is going to deteriorate further if they don't qualify for the CL. Then there's the new stadium whose costs are now 1 billion but could well rise further- completion not until 2024.

Settling for a 1-0 defeat avoids major personal embarrassment - Conte is a proud man.

10. M18CTID

M18CTID

I don't know the ins and outs of Roman's personal finances but I've assumed for a while that they've been reigning the spending somewhat because of the new stadium and what it will cost. The fact that the costs are already standing at £1 billion and they haven't even started on it yet would suggest that it could rise to something north of £1.5 billion. That's some serious wonga for something that isn't going to be ready for another 6 years at least - as fantastic as the plans look, I can't help but think it's just a tad too ambitious and they might be better off looking at cheaper alternatives.