Chelsea 2017/2018

I'd actually suggest standards of English players are on the rise now - the performance of the youth teams suggests as much. True about prices though.

You're right, the standards are improving again, compared to perhaps 5 years ago, but compared to 15 years ago, the quality is still really bad. For instance; very few of the current English players would be in the England team in the mid-noughties. Walker would be in there (ahead of Neville/Johnson), so would Kane. Sterling, maaaaybe, but the rest of this generation, even the upcoming generation would struggle to even get friendly call-ups 10-15 years ago.

You're right, the standards are improving again, compared to perhaps 5 years ago, but compared to 15 years ago, the quality is still really bad. For instance; very few of the current English players would be in the England team in the mid-noughties. Walker would be in there (ahead of Neville/Johnson), so would Kane. Sterling, maaaaybe, but the rest of this generation, even the upcoming generation would struggle to even get friendly call-ups 10-15 years ago.

Yes, it's going to take a fair while to see the fruits of it. We need to be patient, but I do think it's getting better.

Hope they appoint their captain, leader, legend JT and he gets them relegated.

They have the players to become a top side again problem is they have a manager like Moaninho a stop the opposition at all costs. Go for a the likes of the Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri could make them contenders again.

They have the players to become a top side again problem is they have a manager like Moaninho a stop the opposition at all costs. Go for a the likes of the Napoli manager Maurizio Sarri could make them contenders again.
How long would he last before the players get sick of him and down tools?

I really thought that after the "old guard" of Cole, Terry, Lampard and Drogba etc had slowly left they would be better for it and they have still been succesful but the fact the squad seemingly turns on and off when they like is quite incredible.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.