Chelsea (A) | Post-Match Thread

Best performance against a good team like Chelsea I can remember - simply outstanding. Every one of them put in the maximum effort and a shame we didn't convert one or two of the other chances. Not impressed though with Sterling and Mahrez sloping off down the tunnel at the end instead of applauding us fans.
We went there and bossed it in a similar manner in 2017(I think) when KDB scored a great winner. Then they were champions, this time they were champions elect according to the pundits.

Both were massive results in terms of sending a message out.

Have a team ever gone away to the recently crowned European champions and so completely and utterly played them off the park as we did today ? And make no mistake, Chelsea are a fucking good team who will lose barely a handful of games all season yet we bossed them into oblivion.

Just a marvellous day of football all round with the rags sickened by the nature of their loss too.

Chelsea may very well have parked the bus, maybe that's good management because they know we're the better team.

That doesn't take away from the fact that we were immense.

Have a team ever gone away to the recently crowned European champions and so completely and utterly played them off the park as we did today ? And make no mistake, Chelsea are a fucking good team who will lose barely a handful of games all season yet we bossed them into oblivion.

I don’t know about that but City did visit the then European Champions, United, in March 1969, and won 1-0 with a goal by Mike Summerbee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.