Chelsea (a) pre-match thread

Chelsea v City prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Five at the back away from home against the big teams is the best option for me. It’s a bit less fluid than 4-3-3, but it’s a bit more solid. I would be delighted with a point here, especially with it being the last game before the international break.
imo we've looked more solid since we started playing 4 at the back after the liverpool game where Otamendi especially looked all over the place at times.

would personally stick with the same side as tonight apart from Sterling or Gundogan coming in for jesus

Will be interesting to see what type of game they have tomorrow as that will affect Sat
Think he might play four at the back, Fernandinho and Gundogan - and sacrifice a striker.
Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Delphinho
Fernandinho
Gundogan
De Bruyne
Silva
Sane
Aguero
Think he will start Gundogan. Chelsea (like the Rags) defend. Conte likes to wear teams down.Pep always wants to attack.
Should be a very tight game - hoping for a 2-1 win

Chance to put down a marker, i'd be happy with a draw. If we do win though, I think that's when other teams will really start to worry about us.

I have 10 names I think will start:
Ederson
Walker
Stones
Otamendi
Delph
Fernandinho
D. Silva
De Bruyne
Sterling
Aguero

That final spot could be anyone from Danilo (Back 5), Jesus (2 strikers), Sane (2 wide men), Gundogan (dominate the midfield).

Think we might see something like:

Ederson
Walker* Stones Otamendi
Dinho
Danilo* Gundogan Silva Delph
De Bruyne
Aguero

*either

Dunno tbh. Big shame Mendy and Kompany aren't available b/c this would have been nice at SB

Ederson
Kompany Stones Danilo
Dinho
Walker Gundogan Silva Mendy
De Bruyne
Aguero​

The only change I see is Raz for Jesus! We look a bit more solid with Raz.

Playing a back 3 / 5 is an option but we seem settled with a 4 now.

I still feel Jesus should start as he hasn't lost a game yet. This is a MUST NOT LOSE game. 3 consecutive defeats to Conte can be damaging to both the team and Pep himself.

Who is their right winger? With no Mendy and us playing Danilo (right back) or Delph (midfielder) I can see Conte targeting us down that side

Unless we sort out the overloading of Fernandinho in DM seen in the first half against Palace and again in the first half last night, then we could be in trouble against Chelsea who I fully expect to sit back, defend and hit us on the break.down the centre.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.