Chelsea (A) - Sat 25 Sep 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of our fans probably only really pay attention to Chelsea when we play them, and in those three games the characterisation hasn't been a million miles away

That's fair, but when we come up against a better possession based team, there's only one ball on the pitch, so it stands to reason that the better possession team keeps the ball better - we played really well (the better team in my opinion) in the cup game, and I know that was your B team, it was kind of our B team too, but actually ended that game with more possession than City.

But the biggest criticism I've seen towards Tuchel from Chelsea fans is keeping possession for the sake of possession.

That's fair, but when we come up against a better possession based team, there's only one ball on the pitch, so it stands to reason that the better possession team keeps the ball better - we played really well (the better team in my opinion) in the cup game, and I know that was your B team, it was kind of our B team top, but actually ended that game with more possession than City.

But the biggest criticism I've seen towards Tuchel from Chelsea fans is keeping possession for the sake of possession.
Any idea how strict they are on the covid stuff at Stamford Bridge mate?

Any idea how strict they are on the covid stuff at Stamford Bridge mate?

Same as what that City communications email says. Either proof of two vaccines taken more than 14 days ago or a lateral flow test taken within 48 hours of the game. They will definitely check it mate, so I'd make sure I have that all in order before making the journey south.

That's fair, but when we come up against a better possession based team, there's only one ball on the pitch, so it stands to reason that the better possession team keeps the ball better - we played really well (the better team in my opinion) in the cup game, and I know that was your B team, it was kind of our B team too, but actually ended that game with more possession than City.

I think his plan is similar to Conte if I am not wrong. Ironically the game where you had more possession was the game we should have won for sure even Aguero missed a pen. That is exactly what I want pep to do against tuchel forget about possession keep less of it and play in transition that is the way to beat Chelsea.

I think his plan is similar to Conte if I am not wrong. Ironically the game where you had more possession was the game we should have won for sure even Aguero missed a pen. That is exactly what I want pep to do against tuchel forget about possession keep less of it and play in transition that is the way to beat Chelsea.

No the Aguero missed pen was the league game. The cup semifinal was the one you had that American keeper in goal and it was sort of his mistake that allowed Ziyech the open net tap in. I'd say Conte is a pure counter attacking coach. We'd struggle for possession even against bang average teams like Watford and Swansea. Tuchel would dominate possession against those kind of teams but could tweak his approach slightly against Pep and Klopp.

It'll be a good test to see where the players are at mentally.

We can win, but this is the sort of fixture we really need to be at our best for as close to 90 minutes as possible. The amount of times I've watched us play Chelsea and play well, only to see us lose because they clinically exploited space in behind our high line once or twice is rather irritating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.