Chelsea (A) - Sun 12th Nov, 16:30 | PL | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Chelsea were very good against Arsenal and only poor goalkeeping, finishing and dreadful substitutions from Pochettino stopped them from winning. Arsenal has to be said were awful that day, couldn’t keep the ball and their attack was a shapeless mess.

Stones will be a loss but we should cope. Interesting to see how Pep deals with his absence. If we can control possession properly, starve Palmer and Sterling we should be ok. If we can work on our set pieces it could be very useful. Chelsea couldn’t deal with Spurs corners and frees on Monday. We will need to start well to stop them developing any momentum. Hopefully we can minimise Taylor’s effect.

We won there last season despite being poor for an hour, Chelsea have improved so we’ll need to be better. However if we turn up and play we should be fine.
Ironic that you rightly identify their dangers as the ex City men. I wish them well, but not today.

What I have noticed down the years (decades), is that City players returning to their old clubs tend to have a mare or hide (Sterling - Liverpool, Nasri - Arsenal immediately spring to mind). Conversely returning players always make mischief. Even Patrick Roberts managed a goal for Celtic.
Michael Brown

Good evening from Fresno, Calfornia. And a good 7:27am good morning to our UK home supporters. I like 3-1 City. I see some of the lineups but I prefer Bernardo on the right and Foden in the midfield. I start Grealish on the left and sub him off at the 65th for Doku. They won't be able to keep up with his pace. If Walker is on right and Gvardiol is on left, I like Dias and Akanji in middle with Akanji advancing to the midfield. If we have Rodri, Foden as an 8 and Alvarez as a 10 - we own the middle. We stop any runs Sterling makes.

It took them along time to figure out how to beat Spurs. A goal was always gonna come. But they kept constantly trying through balls and their pace and timing, with Spurs playing so high up and fatigue - they finally broke through. That doesn't happen against us.

Anyways - we're away so we go to the Hook and Ladder - Fresno Chelsea Blues home bar - and we have it out there. See you in about 9 hours.

By all conceivable metrics we should win this game. I think Pep and the players are starting to find their form. I don't think we will take them lightly, they aren't the best at the moment but I am sure Palmer and Sterling will be eager to make a statement.

What I have noticed down the years (decades), is that City players returning to their old clubs tend to have a mare or hide (Sterling - Liverpool, Nasri - Arsenal immediately spring to mind). Conversely returning players always make mischief. Even Patrick Roberts managed a goal for Celtic.
I think we remember it when it happens and forget it when it doesn’t. Sane, Jesus, Zinchenko, Sterling (famous last words) have never harmed us in the slightest. Kasper let shedloads of goals fly past him.

Looking forward to this one

Confident of a win but wouldn't rule out a tough match. Chelsea have plenty of individual talent, problem is it never clicks much but all teams are up for playing us because we are the best team in football, so they come to try. Chelsea have shown a few signs that there's some good performances in them.

As long as we are switched on, then we should be alright. An early goal to put them in their place would help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.