Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Fantastic result but an odd performance, we somehow seemed less fit than we did last weekend. Can't take too much from that though it's just about getting a result and getting us fit at the minute. We achieved both so happy days.

One thing I didn't like was how we spent the second half playing keep ball at 1-0. I understand preserving legs especially in this circumstance when were not fit I just hate that approach in any game when we are only 1 goal infront, want to see us try harder to extend the lead before turning it into a possession drill, a more clinical team can easily take points off us.

Weird decisions from Pep not using the bench. Why did he give kdb 2 minutes last weekend then make him play the 90 this weekend? He looked shattered and desperate to be subbed. Bench needs to be utilised more.

Chelsea weren't anywhere near as bad as I expected them to be. Appeared reasonably well drilled all things considered after seeing how clueless they looked a few weeks ago. If they stick with Maresca, they'll be a team we can look at to take points off the title contenders so it's good to get them away out of the way.

Lavia was really good, could have used him.

Tremendous work rate on all fronts, defensively, movement across the pitch, slowing the game down, coverage, delightful overall possessional play,

Pep looks very happy in his after match interview with Kelly Cates, Redknapp and Co.

Great first day result.

Some very encouraging performances especially Savinho, Bernardo, Rico

A bit rusty which is completely understandable....especially Ederson with his handling at times and suprisingly Gardiol who was slack at times. We were a bit open at times but the team will get tighter and more together over the comng weeks.

Doku should have shot when he went through at the end ...would have been a great goal.As others have said Savihnio gives us another dimension out wide....looks comfortable on either wing whereas Doku is clearly better on the left. Infact Savihino just slotted in seemlessly ...newwhen to dribble, new when to hold and retain possession which is very encouraging for his first game.

We do defenitely need cover for Rodri however.......Cant go a whole season with no proper back up as that midfield today wont win us games against the best.

As for Chelsea - they are just pure chaos (on and off the pitch)..apart from trying to pass out from the back there is no pattern of play, no organisation etc. A city team at full tilt would have scored 5 or 6.
Chelsea are dirty fuckers as well- especially Enzo who spent most of the game trying to wind up Haaland

And what the hell did Haaland get booked for...there was barely a foul let alone a booking (unless he said something he shouldnt)

Just brilliant. Very tough start given the players missing and the lack of match fitness, this feels like 3 bonus points. Kova is another bonus, felt like his best game for us, absolutely bossed it Rodri like almost and then goes and gets his goal, absolute quality. Rico, Bernardo, Savinho looks a real handful. Haaland doing what Haaland does, all in all I’m just buzzing after that.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.