Chelsea (A) - Sun 18th Aug '24 | Post Match Thread

Good win.

On the face of it, Taylor had a good game, but there were some slightly baffling decisions such as not booking Caicedo until the 89th minute, and booking Haaland for his first foul, which was an accidental collision.

I'm going to try and keep a record of bookings for and against us this season to see if there is a pattern. I'm convinced a lot of late booking for opposition players is simply stat padding, because the number of fouls to booking ratio in some games is baffling.

The Boys in Blue didn't give in, they fought to the end. Thank you lads, thank you City, thank you fans. You showed 'em, you showed 'em all.
Especially those poor benighted Chelsea Pensioners who are going to need their big winter coats now, they didn't get enough heat to warm a cupboard never mind a house.
Especially the know nowt fop doodle media who will have to find something good to write about us....... I tell you what you lot in the media have got just 115 lines to write your rubbish!!!
Especially the Specsavers needing, whistle blowing, non rules reading (unless it's against City) PGMOL lot. Do you STILL not know who we are?? (Close your ears @jimharri )

WE ARE MANCHESTER CITY, THE BEST TEAM IN THE LAND AND ALL THE WORLD. SO THERE.

Only one thing missing in the euphoria of a good win...... Mr Stones. ;-)
Was that Earl Grey mixed with a nice single malt ?

Good win.

On the face of it, Taylor had a good game, but there were some slightly baffling decisions such as not booking Caicedo until the 89th minute, and booking Haaland for his first foul, which was an accidental collision.

I'm going to try and keep a record of bookings for and against us this season to see if there is a pattern. I'm convinced a lot of late booking for opposition players is simply stat padding, because the number of fouls to booking ratio in some games is baffling.
In every game ive seen how caicedo stays on the pitch is an absolute mystery

Good in patches rusty as fuck in patches. Great win though and I thought Kovacic was superb motm all day long, Bernardo wasn't even in the frame for me. Doku, unbelievable skill at times but his final decision making needs to improve, why didn't he shoot at the end when he dribbled past those defenders, only the keeper to beat and he played it back. Big shout to Rico as well, pure class.
Lots more to come from us and this was a fine start

Rico brilliant.

Sav needs to learn what to do without the ball but, we were very good considering.

How Taylor could give a foul against Haaland in the first half when he was thrown to the ground & then booked him in the second for being pushed hence, contact with their guys knee.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.