Chelsea (H) | PL | Post Match Thread

I wonder if any of the other players or coaching staff have ever explained to Kyle Walker that he’s a full back for a reason - that the other players are better at shooting than him. If the ball gets played to him centrally, within 30 yards of the goal, my heart sinks.

was there problems with trains or something today for people going a distance? because to leave on 75 minutes , not one or two , but a couple of 100 was quite frankly unbelievable.
the new bus sevice started today it leaves on 80 minutes to keep seat watchers like you happy

He was miles off it tonight, but fuck me, Alvarez was fucking useless again in that midfield role. The knock on effect is it forces Phil wide and he’s isolated, not involved enough. And Akanji playing that link role? Pep has a blind spot with Alvarez and Akanji.
It’s staggering for me how Pep must believe it works I feel for the guys as he is making them look poor players

comparing the way we attacked Chelsea and the way Liverpool attacked them few weeks ago, the speed our attacks are so much slower.
even in transition, we get the ball back at half way line, when dippers do this they try to get to a shot through Jota, Nunes, Diaz within 10-15 seconds etc.
we take the ball, pass it sideways, or even back, make it go around from left to right, all this allows Chelsea reshape, and we are up against a solid block rather than a confused/out of place/not settled Chelsea defence.
this also means if we lose it close to their box we are not as unsettled at the back/midfield because our slower approach also lets us be in shape, but still opponents find it way too easy to beat us in certain chances.

Pep probably seeing how 1 counter often beats us dead and 1 shot is often enough for a goal against us, he aint gonna risk us become more quicker to end up in more risky situations when we lose the ball. but this will leave us in a lot of games like this one that we need to go trough a brick wall to create chances, we create lesser big chances and more mediocre ones with lower xG.

still we really miss the experience of Mahrez, Gundo in/around the box making good decisions, setting up goals, scoring goals. Foden/Alvarez did improve their numbers seemingly, but Grealish is worse than he was last time, KDB was out for so long (in that period Gundo/Mahrez would have been more important), Doku brings a few assists but not many goals, but then Nunes/Kovacic adds literally nothing output wise, yet to score a PL goal the two of them and Kovacic yet to assist one.

And last season!

I love him, hope he stays for a decade. Always puts in 100% effort and while he’s not perfect, when he makes mistakes they’re very rarely because he’s switched off or been lazy or casual.

I wish we saw more of him at CB, maybe if we buy a full time LB we will.
Ake has been top drawer since his Bournemouth days, positioning is probably the best in the PL, and I don't recall him making a single calamitous mistake for us.

Yeah agree, strange decision to let him go. Should have saved the money and gone big on a creative central midfielder. We never really replaced Gundo and we are worse for it
a little clue he wanted to go and like spoiled brat wouldnt wait for team selection
10 million signing on fee had nothing to do with it

This is why we had a poorish transfer window in summer 2023. We must address this in the summer, Rodri will be dead (footballing wise) if we don't get someone in that can do his job without a huge drop off in quality..........probably easier said than done.
At the time I wasn’t at all bothered Rice went to arsenal..now I believe that would have been good business to acquire him.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.