Chelsea (H) - Sat 15th Jan, 12:30 | Pre-Match Thread

Match Result Prediction

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Far too early to pick a team when we have loads out with covid and probably more to come

This is a dig in and try and slog out the points , performance doesnt matter

Far too early to pick a team when we have loads out with covid and probably more to come

This is a dig in and try and slog out the points , performance doesnt matter
Agree with your first sentence kaz,not so much the second unless we suddenly end up ravaged with covid and injuries…

James and Chilwell being out injured will help us big time. They are key to their defensive stability and attacking play. Chelsea are a very good team even without them, though. We need to perform at our best.

The most likely XI if all players are available:

Ederson, Walker, Dias, Laporte, Cancelo, Rodri, Gundogan, Bernardo, Kevin, Sterling and Foden.

Grealish and Stones haven't played recently and are not likely to start if available. I'd have Jesus on the right, he tends to thrive in big games with high intensity (both games with Real, Chelsea, Liverpool, PSG...), but his form seems to have dipped a bit recently and Sterling is more likely to start this one fitness permitting.

I expect outstanding football from us if we manage to field a strong team.

Palmer needs to be on the bench if not starting for me. He’s ahead of Raz, Grealish & Jesus for me with his recent efforts. Full of energy & fearless. Chelsea won’t know what time do with him

-------------------Ederson
Walker-----Dias-----Laporte-----Cancelo
---------------------Rodri
-------------Silva---------Gundo
Sterling---------KDB-------------Foden

Palmer needs to be on the bench if not starting for me. He’s ahead of Raz, Grealish & Jesus for me with his recent efforts. Full of energy & fearless. Chelsea won’t know what time do with him

How could a performance against a league 2 team trump performances against PL teams? We are 10 pts clear in the best league because the selected players have been generally excellent, even if their individual stats are not outstanding.

That said, I regard Palmer as a top talent. If he performs well vs PL sides, Pep might try him in a big game already this season, who knows?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.