Chelsea in trouble?

tolmie's hairdoo

There is some chatter the shit is about to hit the fan there.

Roman lost £400m the other day through his steel company and the UK government/banks are ready to go after the Russian money in this country.

I know he has about £900m in loans to Chelsea he can call in at any time and needs to spent £700m on new stadium.

Would Roman decide to cash out - another major investor show themselves?

There has been talk that he can’t see it being viable to compete with us and united in terms of transfer fees and then there’s the whole paring back of the loan system which has been raised.
It was always a protective measure for him to own a football club but the current political events may see him under more scrutiny.
As to whether a new owner would come in, why not? They’d need the deepest of pockets though to pay off the loans to Roman and to finance a new stadium.
I’m actually sick of viewing football clubs through the prism of soft power anyway. The money in the game is ridiculously corrupting.

will just get taken over, probably by the Chinese. If Liverpool weren't allowed to go under, then Chelsea won't.
This.

It wouldn't surprise me if there's a Qatari/chinese/(insert rich country here) waiting in the wings.

I think it would be good for them. There’s been a toxic vibe there for too long. Long term fans have fallen out of love with what they stand for.

Clear out from the top down.

Chelsea are a big club in the modern game and reside in one of the wealthiest parts of London and probably therefore Europe.

They will walk getting another billionaire buying them.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.