Chelsea job: Roberto di Matteo emerges as leading contender

Tactically he gets it spot on almost every time. Same with his substitutions. He isn't a "designer" manager but sometimes someone just fits a club. I don't see how anybody can comment on his ability to oversee our rebuilding project as he hasn't been given an opportunity to build a squad with the sort of budget we'd provide yet.

For me his tactical aptitude and motivational ability are as good as the best. If he can build his own squad on top of that we'll be blessed. I hope he gets the job because he has more than earned a chance.

Castiel said:
Tactically he gets it spot on almost every time. Same with his substitutions. He isn't a "designer" manager but sometimes someone just fits a club. I don't see how anybody can comment on his ability to oversee our rebuilding project as he hasn't been given an opportunity to build a squad with the sort of budget we'd provide yet.

For me his tactical aptitude and motivational ability are as good as the best. If he can build his own squad on top of that we'll be blessed. I hope he gets the job because he has more than earned a chance.
By the same token he hasn't done anything to prove he can be a top manager.

he's re-instated a frustrated Drogba and Lampard and they have produced in the Cup games, plus you have had some luck. He might be a great manager in the making, but it also might be the case that any manager would have provoked the same short term response. CFC were under-performing and the managerial change produced a reaction. But is this a new manager effect that will wear off, or does he have what it takes. Too big a gamble to take surely. I suppose the man who makes the decision will see him at close quarters and can take soundings so will have a good idea.

Castiel said:

I think you've given him too much credit in your recent change in fortune to be honest.

He's only a puppet that was put at the forefront on a temporary basis until the summer anyway, it just highlights if anything how much the players downed tools for AVB

If given the chance to do it on a full time basis he'll be found wanting when the transitional period starts.........in my opinion of course!

The players are the biggest factor involved in the transformation. Watching them under AVB and after he was sacked is like watching 2 different teams. However. RDM has got it perfect on a tactical level so far. The team has come out fully prepared with clear plans to tackle games which always seem to be effective and well thought out, with contingencies for emergencies. What more can you ask for from a manager? His job is to make sure the team is prepared and has a strategy to win. The rest is always down to the players. The fact that they seem to like RDM is a bonus AVB never had.

Nobody can tell how he'd do when given the chance to build his own squad. But he's handled this one excellently.

adrianr said:
Has more than a whiff of the King Kennys about it, no? Interim manager, players feel happier about the old guy leaving more than the new guy coming in, go on a good run, everyone calls for him to get the job because they've done so well over 10-15 games.. Season ends, temporary man gets the job full time, new manager bounce wears off, team under performs for another season.

Sounds like Stuart Pearce....

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.