Champions League Final | Pre-Match Thread

Result Prediction

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agree with that, but them with 4 or 5 players to come in has the makings of a really good side about it. They've been praised to the heavens by the media for being difficult to score against recently and today it showed - our goal came from an individual error in their defence and we really didn't create anything at all in the manner which we normally do. I get we changed the system, and we will change it again for the final - but that performance more than the result itself a psychological blow.
Sterling was through at least two times
We should have scored the pen
Foden could have scored
Let them take all the praise they are getting I have ultimate faith in our team in the final

Let’s hope so but it isn’t a given. They were a threat all second half with what isn’t their first eleven either and we had 5 defenders on the pitch. I think it’s 50/50 that final.

Pep's record in finals wins it for me , he will have our team motivated and organised , the one man midfield tactic was abysmal today Pep's gamble backfired and Chelski were deserved winners.

That was a couple of players short of Chelsea's best whilst Pep picked everybody who needed a game and came up with something to make it work. They should really have battered us yet it took a last minute goal. hey were on top second half but wasn't exactly banging the door in.

He's used today to see how easy it is to get in behind them, I believe that's why we didn't look to pass pass pass and even when he made the subs, it was still Foden running in behind and gundogan making his trademark second man run rather than any of them dropping into midfield to get a foot on it and control the tempo. To me it was clear Pep wanted to see how easy it was to get behind them and I think he will be surprised by how easy that was. I believe Peps going to be looking at that game very confident our psg starting 11 will put them to the sword.

Pep's record in finals wins it for me , he will have our team motivated and organised , the one man midfield tactic was abysmal today Pep's gamble backfired and Chelski were deserved winners.

They were. Could have been more too. Only sloppy forward play from them straying into offside positions when they had no need to stopped more goals. I agree our first 11 is a different proposition but it’s not an easy game. Kante is a such a good player for them.

Complete 1 off game. It would not matter if we had beat Chelsea today. The inform players need to have a near perfect game to win.

Today was a pathetic showing from players who for what ever reason do not make the grade. The final team picks itself. A few star players need a reality check and moved on to pastors new. If you cannot come in and deputise then
You are not good enough for city.

I'm pretty certain Tuchel isn't that gullible... but hopefully tonight has sewn a little bit of over confidence into their players

And as a few have pointed out... when do we ever lose 3 times on the trot to the same team?

I'd be saying the same thing if we'd beaten them twice... they're due one !!!

They were. Could have been more too. Only sloppy forward play from them straying into offside positions when they had no need to stopped more goals. I agree our first 11 is a different proposition but it’s not an easy game. Kante is a such a good player for them.
That’s high praise, will City do em in the final then ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.