Chelsea or City?

Carver said:
Neither,, the rags did, they showed everyone how to do it and taught the world a footballing lesson by winning the first trophy of the season.

Pffffffffffft!
Yeah they were class.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Yesterday didn't represent a seismic shift in the tectonic plates of football.

Last Sunday did.

And thats the point put perfectly.

Chelsea's winning of the FA Cup and the Champions League is a fantastic achievement of that there is no doubt but when you get the likes of Tom Watson in America being asked a question about golf last Monday morning and the first thing he says is what an amazing game the City match was then you really know the world as sat up and took notice. Well done Chelsea but just watch us go now.

To win the Champions League isn't easy, neither is winning the Premier League, but in this instance I think Chelsea overachieved after everything seemed dead and buried, whilst we on the other hand were expected to challenge for the League.

So I think they had the better season. Tricky question though.

citytill1die84 said:
Put it this way I wouldn't exchange the season we've just had for the 1 they did. Premier League is the hardest trophy to win its over 38 games defending for 90 mins won't get u the league title.
I know what you mean but, the champs league took some winning.

gordondaviesmoustache said:
Yesterday didn't represent a seismic shift in the tectonic plates of football.

Last Sunday did.
Is a good point too. The Champions League trophy is the one we need to win though. It's the ultimate goal, and your argument aside - and I appreciate its validity, surely on a trophy-for-trophy basis we'd swap league titles for Champions League titles. It's the harder trophy to win. There's no club, I think I'm right in saying, who've won more Champions Leagues than national titles. Slur Taggart has had eighteen attempts at the Champions League and won it twice, and twenty attempts at the Premier League and won it twelve times.

*edit*
Notts Forest, apparently have, I thought they'd won three titles.

I am not into comparisons what Chelsea have done means jack shit to me,however they did turn it around and against all the odds won the champions league and FA cup.

For me i have had my best season ever supporting City.I know we won the European cup winners cup and league cup in 1970 which was fantastic,but this tops it.

Why? It tops it because we had almost the whole world against us.Everyone was having a pop and trying to destabalise our title challenge.You could feel the bile and hatred oozing out of every word,written and spoken.Then we had all the crowing,jokes and laughter when the scum went eight points clear.Add the Tevez saga to the mix and the fact we won it at the last gasp to deny the bitter gloating cunts across the road and i would say us.

To win the premier league is the highest accolade.It is the toughest competition in the world to win.Thirty eight games where every team fights to the death to deny you victory,in all weathers and conditions....and we did it.Champions!It still hasn't sunk in but it feels so good.

Chelsea had the better season at the end of the day but it doesn't take anything away from us. People crying that they've stolen our thunder needs to give themselves a slap as they're sounding like spoiled rags.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.