Chelsea Pre match thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Squad management is required. Yaya, Nasri and Kelechi need playing minutes. Silva, KDB and Aguero perhaps need some resting.
What about Vinny, ready for some minutes?
It is a must-not-loose game though.

The biggest issue is the come down mentally after such a big game.

The manager has to watch them all this week and identify who is right and who isnt and get the team selection right.

While it would be nice for Pep to get a run at the CL next season there is no guarantee we will get to the semi final again. Are we more likely to win it this year or next? If you think it's this year and I do then we have to sacrifice our league position in order to win the CL.

So our league team has to look something like this.

................Hart
Zabba Otamendi Mangala Kolarov
.........Fernando...Delph
Navas.......Yaya..........Nasri
..............Nacho

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, however I think we can certainly win this. I don't see the point resting players for this game considering the semi's aren't for a few weeks. We need to go for it so need our best team. COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!

HART

ZABALETA KOMPANY MANGALA KOLAROV

YAYA FERNANDINHO DELPH

DE BRUYNE AGUERO NASRI

SUBS: CABALLERO, SAGNA, OTAMENDI, CLICHY, FERNANDO, NAVAS, KELECHI.

Give Silva a rest.

Another tough match as I expect Chelsea to gear up one more time this season. And if they do they are still one hell of a team to beat.

Last time we went into a game on the high we got beat 3-0. Hardly rotated any player mainly due to injuries. With Chelsea and Newcastle, the latter fighting for survival, you can hardly wish for a more difficult return to PL-matters. By far more difficult than any of the 8 teams who play CL this week. And if I look at our fixturelist there is hardly an easy match left (if ever there is to be one).

I think it's a matter of rotating the right kind of players. At least we seem to get rid of most injuries at long last. To get Kompany ready for the CL semi's he needs to be matchfit by at least taking part in two games. But I wouldn't rush him whatsoever. In a way maybe it's good to have Delph, Yaya and Nasri starting fresh if fit. Delph and Yaya better suited in the PL anyway.

A draw wouldn't be the end of the world, however I think we can certainly win this. I don't see the point resting players for this game considering the semi's aren't for a few weeks. We need to go for it so need our best team. COME ON CITY!!!!!!!!

dont forget that 3 days after chelsea we have newcastle away so the last thing we need is to run the players into the ground now we have a couple of games left

Hart
Zabaleta Kompany Mangala Clichy
Yaya Toure Fernandinho
Silva De Bruyne Nasri
Aguero

I know it's an unbalanced team but that front 6 looks god like and I just want to see it at least once before Yaya and possibly Nasri leave in the summer. Also Chelsea have got f all to play for so they won't be at full tilt anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.