Chelsea Thread 16/17

Yeah, Chelsea deserved it, there is a slick response in their play on the break, midfield and the forward line
link up very well. The match against City will be intriguing for sure.

PS, I'll bet you're glad you got rid of that arsehole Mourinho!

Costa tends to mess up a lot of our attacks. Too many times we see Hazard beat one man and attempt a one-two with him, and the ball is lost. Or Fabregas plays the ball into him and he has players running off him waiting to be played in, and he dwells on it and loses it. It happens nearly every game and it frustrates me, but tbh I'm nitpicking. We're having a great season with very little to complain about.

I was one of the Chelsea fans who was happy to see leave at the end. It just got to a point where I was finding myself attempting to defend something he did or said every 2-3 days. He is exhausting and towards the end, I didn't even know what I was defending half the time, just blindly backing him up because of how much I loved him. Still do, but Conte brings the same intensity and winning mentality, just without all the garbage and nastiness.

Costa tends to mess up a lot of our attacks. Too many times we see Hazard beat one man and attempt a one-two with him, and the ball is lost. Or Fabregas plays the ball into him and he has players running off him waiting to be played in, and he dwells on it and loses it. It happens nearly every game and it frustrates me, but tbh I'm nitpicking. We're having a great season with very little to complain about.

I was one of the Chelsea fans who was happy to see leave at the end. It just got to a point where I was finding myself attempting to defend something he did or said every 2-3 days. He is exhausting and towards the end, I didn't even know what I was defending half the time, just blindly backing him up because of how much I loved him. Still do, but Conte brings the same intensity and winning mentality, just without all the garbage and nastiness.
Conte is one of the most likeable of all the PL managers, something that was never true of Mourinho.
He shows passion and desire without, as you say, the garbage and nastiness. Where Mourinho is now suits
him just fine, and we're all loving it.

Reading the PL match-day thread, there's a lot of stuff about 'boring Chelsea' and 'awful football'.

I just don't see it. 90% of the time this season I have found us to be entertaining to watch, with pretty good football both in possession and on the counter. Tonight was not of those games where we played amazingly, but the team isn't in top form at the minute. Stuff like boring team and awful footbal is just lazy analysis.

Yes, City play great football, better than Chelsea, but the idea that Chelsea is just this dull bus-parking team playing dire football waiting for counter attacks all the time is just nonsense IMO.

Reading the PL match-day thread, there's a lot of stuff about 'boring Chelsea' and 'awful football'.

I just don't see it. 90% of the time this season I have found us to be entertaining to watch, with pretty good football both in possession and on the counter. Tonight was not of those games where we played amazingly, but the team isn't in top form at the minute. Stuff like boring team and awful footbal is just lazy analysis.

Yes, City play great football, better than Chelsea, but the idea that Chelsea is just this dull bus-parking team playing dire football waiting for counter attacks all the time is just nonsense IMO.
I think your team are well drilled and no nonsense, and can kill a team in a blink of an eye and easily shut up shop. it's very effective and Conte is doing a great job.

I'm used to Spurs through my life playing attacking football from the get go, even when we have been awful, so most other teams to me aren't quite as easy on the eye.

It's all subjective anyway. I always felt Barca and Arsenals tippy tappy stuff boring to be honest yet everyone creamed themselves over it, whereas I like seeing a team counter at speed and gung ho attacking

I think your team are well drilled and no nonsense, and can kill a team in a blink of an eye and easily shut up shop. it's very effective and Conte is doing a great job.

I'm used to Spurs through my life playing attacking football from the get go, even when we have been awful, so most other teams to me aren't quite as easy on the eye.

It's all subjective anyway. I always felt Barca and Arsenals tippy tappy stuff boring to be honest yet everyone creamed themselves over it, whereas I like seeing a team counter at speed and gung ho attacking

Yes you are right it is subjective.Thankfully most people appreciate that Barca team between 2007 to 2015 for what it was, probably the greatest club team in the history of world football and almost certainly the greatest to watch ! The shining example for me being their humiliation of the rags at Wembley in 2011. Give me that tippy tippy stuff any day, which we have played for the last few years and especially now under Barcas Pep, as opposed to watching Kyle Walker and his mates bums rush football which has won them naff all.

Conte is one of the most likeable of all the PL managers, something that was never true of Mourinho.
He shows passion and desire without, as you say, the garbage and nastiness. Where Mourinho is now suits
him just fine, and we're all loving it.

He's a cheating cont with the scandal from Italy still unresolved and how he's able to continue managing anywhere is beyond me, doesn't sit right at all that someone who's team were demoted due to systematic cheating is allowed to continue.

He's a cheating cont with the scandal from Italy still unresolved and how he's able to continue managing anywhere is beyond me, doesn't sit right at all that someone who's team were demoted due to systematic cheating is allowed to continue.
It's true about his time there being tainted, and yes, you might be right and he gets stripped of his badge,
but here I've not seen much evidence of wrong doing here, he doesn't squawk and whine about refs, unlike the Twat over the road, and comes
over as quite magnanimous after a defeat, (unfortunately not enough of them!).
But, I sincerely hope your wish comes to fruition and he gets sanctioned, but it's certainly dragging on a tad.

I usually don't go all fanboy for players but I've been a Kante fanatic from the moment I watched him play. The guy just embody's everything I imagine from a DM. I knew he wasn't a 'pep player' but I also knew that he'd transform cheslea or arsenal. I thought Pogba was going to be the one that got away but it's clearly Kante!

Here's a fun little Kante clip for you guys.

He'd retired from playing when Juventus did the dirty deed and he's been found innocent of all charges related to his time at Sienna. Not sure why he'd be banned from any job.
http://www.bbc.com/sport/football/36303767

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.