Chelsea Thread - 2021/22

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've never seen Jorginho and Kovačić struggle against a press like that before. I think Tuchel probably anticipated they would find it easier (if not "easy') to break the press and find an out-ball for Werner and Lukaku (and possibly Alonso). As it turned out, they almost never had the opportunity to do it thanks to the ferocity of City's press and the excellence of Rodri and the back four mopping up almost everything that did come forward from Chelsea

I thought Chelsea were awful today. Never looked comfortable playing out from the back and setting up like that at home when you’re top of the league and favourites for the title seems a bit cowardly by Tuchel.

I've never seen Jorginho and Kovačić struggle against a press like that before. I think Tuchel probably anticipated they would find it easier (if not "easy') to break the press and find an out-ball for Werner and Lukaku (and possibly Alonso). As it turned out, they almost never had the opportunity to do it thanks to the ferocity of City's press and the excellence of Rodri and the back four mopping up almost everything that did come forward from Chelsea

I've watched City a lot and I have never seen City press and counter press with that kind of aggression and speed. You're right, Kovacic and Jorginho are usually incredibly press resistant but they had no time to breathe. Not only was your press lightening quick, you were extremely press resistant too, so you easily bypassed our press with no fuss. It was honestly very impressive to watch, and it was proper statement win.

Congrats on the win you lot. Very very impressive stuff from City.
Cheers fella!

Thought Chelsea looked scared of making mistakes today. Lukaku and Jorginho were very poor! Thought Werner was dangerous but was too isolated.

Chelsea defended well as a unit most of the time, sometimes not, but on those occasions City just played some very poor final balls or took a poor final shot (Grealish guilty of both in the second half).

Rudiger and Cristnenson are cracking defenders, albeit Rudiger is a figure other sets of fans will hate because he’s physical.

Hard to play against, but I think you need more in the creative midfield area.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought Chelsea were awful today. Never looked comfortable playing out from the back and setting up like that at home when you’re top of the league and favourites for the title seems a bit cowardly by Tuchel.

City never allowed them to play as the press was superb throughout.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.