Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
Timo Werner going back to the same club Chelsea bought him from two years ago for £20m less than they paid for him shortly after sending Lukaku back on loan to the same club they bought him from a year ago for £97.5m.

Imagine if that was us.

New ownership undoing previous ownership mistakes. Plausible deniability. Or at least that is how Boehly and co will frame it if they’re ever asked this question.

New ownership undoing previous ownership mistakes. Plausible deniability. Or at least that is how Boehly and co will frame it if they’re ever asked this question.
Yeah, that's a fair point.

You'll obviously know more than me but it didn't look like Tuchel even wanted Lukaku in the first place.

Timo Werner going back to the same club Chelsea bought him from two years ago for £20m less than they paid for him shortly after sending Lukaku back on loan to the same club they bought him from a year ago for £97.5m.
They're getting a bit like those young ladies who buy shoes on line, wear them once, don't feel right in them and return them back to the supplier.

If we call him The Fof then that'll make up for spending £80m-£90m on him.

De Jong and Aubameyang as well, that's a £300m+ transfer window.

Anything other than a title challenge is an abject failure.

If we call him The Fof then that'll make up for spending £80m-£90m on him.

De Jong and Aubameyang as well, that's a £300m+ transfer window.

Anything other than a title challenge is an abject failure.

I was thinking £250 to £300m in this window…. That’s a big window and must have implications for future spending. I guess they have a few assets out on loan like Lukaku but I’m guessing they are subsidising wages and won’t recover even half of the £100m fee from Inter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.