Chelsea Thread - 2022/23 | Pochettino confirmed as new manager

Status
Not open for further replies.
He’s also started to blame the players in public. Calling them too soft. This won’t end well for Tuchel.
Its not is it. I had him down for the first top-6 manager to lose his job. Beualy or whatever his name is has put a lot of work and money into signings and will expect immediate results, he doesnt seem like a patient man.

I've never rated Tuchel anyway, the best managers can change the flow of a game whilst it is happening and Tuchel doesnt seem to know how to do that, his subs seem desparate.

Started watching at 5 minutes last night and for 15 minutes they were good, thought they’d blow Saints away and then it all just stopped. Sterling should have bagged 3 but other than that, they fell off and Saints were the worthy winners.

Still, if they’re genuinely spinning another £150m in the next 48 hours they could still make CL.

I think so too. That Chelsea squad isn't suited for his formation and he isn't capable of changing it. They got players for usual 4-3-3 or 4-2-3-1 but instead keep shoehorning players to that awful 5 at the back system he religiously follows. Some of the crap he is serving:

- Not enough central defenders for back 5, resorts to using fullbacks as central defenders rather than switch to back 4
- Plays players like Pulisic and Loftus-Cheek at wingbacks as his fullbacks are already occupied as center backs. Hardly their fault they aren't performing there and lose any confidence
- Plays a system without proper wingers despite many players in his club being best in that position. Those players then get shoehorned to some midfield or wingback role that isn't suited to them.

Mind you, they'll still give us and other top teams a good game with their high workrate but he isn't getting the best out of his players in games where it is more about quality than hard work.
A couple of criticisms coming from the Shed End also seems levied at his lack of flexibility.

Gotta say, the worse part is, it isn't even pretty to watch.

Seems we dodged a bullet with mop head. Even at the £40m we were willing to go to. Chelsea have once again had their pants pulled down.
Never doubt our recruitment team. It's the best in the world. Walking away from Cucurella was a smart move. He is another attacking defender who can't defend. The last thing we need at the moment.

People on social media talking up Fofana as if he is the second coming of Baresi. Having watched him a few times, I would suggest he is some way off even showing he may reach elite level. The hype nowadays.....

Its not is it. I had him down for the first top-6 manager to lose his job. Beualy or whatever his name is has put a lot of work and money into signings and will expect immediate results, he doesnt seem like a patient man.

I've never rated Tuchel anyway, the best managers can change the flow of a game whilst it is happening and Tuchel doesnt seem to know how to do that, his subs seem desparate.
Chelsea fans are well used to players and managers being hired then binned shortly after.Abramovich wasn't exactly known for his patience.

People on social media talking up Fofana as if he is the second coming of Baresi. Having watched him a few times, I would suggest he is some way off even showing he may reach elite level. The hype nowadays.....
Nah, ridiculous fee but sometimes you've got to pay it, he's got immense talent. Can't see him not doing very well assuming there's no lasting issue with him after that nasty injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.