Chelsea Thread - 2023/24 | Maresca to be appointed (pg284)

The amendment failed, however, because several clubs thought the wording of the ban was too wide, according to people with knowledge of the proposal. It did not clearly distinguish between the type of non-football revenues that clubs believe they should be encouraged to exploit, such as building hotels, houses or indoor arenas, and the accountancy tricks of selling existing property to yourself.

It is therefore almost certain that the Premier League will try to tighten up its proposal and bring it back to the clubs, as it believes it needs more tools to effectively regulate the clubs to ensure sustainability and fair competition.”

The amendment failed, however, because several clubs thought the wording of the ban was too wide, according to people with knowledge of the proposal. It did not clearly distinguish between the type of non-football revenues that clubs believe they should be encouraged to exploit, such as building hotels, houses or indoor arenas, and the accountancy tricks of selling existing property to yourself.

It is therefore almost certain that the Premier League will try to tighten up its proposal and bring it back to the clubs, as it believes it needs more tools to effectively regulate the clubs to ensure sustainability and fair competition.”

Where does that leave you PSR wise before 30 June? Do you sell to eradicate the risk of failing, or do you bank on these property sales being allowable?

Where does that leave you PSR wise before 30 June? Do you sell to eradicate the risk of failing, or do you bank on these property sales being allowable?

No idea to be honest. I’m not that well versed in our finances. I’m sure sblsn will be around to tell us what’s what soon enough :)

No idea to be honest. I’m not that well versed in our finances. I’m sure sblsn will be around to tell us what’s what soon enough :)
He’s pretty thorough, to be fair. Just look at the list of teams that may have to sell before 30 June. Decent prediction in March.

He’s pretty thorough, to be fair. Just look at the list of teams that may have to sell before 30 June. Decent prediction in March.

He might be. I haven’t read his work enough to know one way or the other. I just find him to be a funny bloke who gets into online arguments with Chelsea fans about Chelsea’s finances :)

He might be. I haven’t read his work enough to know one way or the other. I just find him to be a funny bloke who gets into online arguments with Chelsea fans about Chelsea’s finances :)
Lawyers tend to be thorough with their work.

Why would he know less than a Chelsea fan regarding financial law?

Lawyers tend to be thorough with their work.

Why would he know less than a Chelsea fan regarding financial law?

I’m not saying he doesn’t. I’m no lawyer or accountant, so I certainly wouldn’t be so big headed as to assume I can hold my own in a discussion about Chelsea’s finances. I’m just saying my only knowledge of sblsn is the little tit for tats he gets into with Chelsea fans online.

I’m not saying he doesn’t. I’m no lawyer or accountant, so I certainly wouldn’t be so big headed as to assume I can hold my own in a discussion about Chelsea’s finances. I’m just saying my only knowledge of sblsn is the little tit for tats he gets into with Chelsea fans online.
Indeed. Same with Forest and Everton fans.

All fans are protective of their clubs and so when an “online expert” suggests their club might be in trouble, they lash out.

We’re no different.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.