Chelsea transfer ban

Pam

Last week, Uefa apparently delivered a report to Chelsea outlining the case against them. However, I haven't heard whether or not they intend to appeal now that they've seen the evidence. Can't even find anything about it on Chelsea's OS. Anyone know what's going on?

I would suggest that silence and lack of info in the public domain means nothing.

They are very likely to appeal in any case as, well lets be honest, they can afford it.

fbloke said:
they can afford it.

They can afford it but that isn't the point. I bet Uefa have threatened to increase the penalty or perhaps they have more shit on Chelsea and are threatening to use it should Chelsea decide to bring a law suit. I hope that's true. I wonder when the deadline is for submission of an appeal.

johnny crossan said:
Whatever happens to Chelsea is likely to happen to us, just bear that in mind.

That's not true. Chelski signed a 15 year old and we didn't. We haven't broken any inducement rules. Tapping up is the most we've ever done and Uefa see that as by far the lesser of the two evils.

johnny crossan said:
Whatever happens to Chelsea is likely to happen to us, just bear that in mind.

FIFA have apparently said that the accusations levelled against us and United are not even close to what Chelsea have been accused of.

There are two very diff' scenarios -

a) The issue around the status of the 'contract' such as City's argument with UEFA. Very likely to go through the courts as a test case needs to be conducted and rules etc clarified in law.

b) They are very guilty of breaching rules through being very,very naughty in other ways - direct and obvious tapping up, illegal payments to third parties to achieve the desired player capture etc.

If its B then I agree with the other posts, if A then we will see the courts in action.

Only UEFA and Chelsea know at the mo'

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.