Chelsea Women to no longer interact with fans

I actually think it's the right thing to do for quite a few reasons. The last 10 or so minutes at WSL and England games have been descending into chaos in the stands. People leaving their seat and gathering around the sides of the pitch and jostling for a position to get autographs after the match. It's distracting, annoying and completely unsafe at the bigger games. It needs to be nipped in the bud now. I'm sure Arsenal will follow suit with them playing nearly all their games at the Emirates now.

I think the WSL players are also slightly caught in a bind in that they do want to be role models and inspire young fans, but that doesn't mean people should expect unfettered access to them. The expectation on them in terms of interaction from fans verges on the entitled and a boundary needs to be put in place sooner or later. I think the players do genuinely enjoy having that level of fan connection and it would be a shame for it to disappear entirely but it needs to be managed properly. The Autograph Alley at City games is a good halfway house and hopefully other teams will put a similar alternative in place.

We haven't done it at home games for a while but it doesn't stop the fans gathering around the pitch.

The autograph alley we do is a good idea in principle, but you often see the same faces walking round with wristbands at the end of the game. Needs to be a better/fairer way of dishing out the wristbands if that is to continue IMO.

Can understand any reasoning behind it as the game gets bigger and crowds increase, but it'll still be a shame for those that will miss out in the future.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.