Cheltenham Town (A) | Post-Match Thread

I do agree with you on Flitcroft by the way. Pretty sure one of his first games was the cup tie at QPR when Ray Ranson got signed on an emergency loan, played centre half and was completely dominant.

I remember Sturridges performance in the youth cup final, scored a worldy and was head and shoulders above everyone else, but then got a long term injury. I thought he was the real deal, but never really kicked on.

It could be argued Trippier has had the the most successful career to come from the modern day academy, discounting Foden.
What about Micha ?

Reminder me somewhat of Notts County in 2011 we used a get out of gaol card that day too and look how well that turned out. Fair gave us a great game in the right spirit, good luck to them for the rest of the season.
Anyone know what fireworks were about?

I always get the impression that Pep enjoys going to these places he's never heard of, to tiny, obscure grounds, for a "real" game of football, he always mentions how football clubs like Cheltenham Town, dotted all over the country, are so much a part of their community and English football history. He's a football man to his bones after all.

We might not think twice about this country being the home of football, the history stretching back centuries, but when Pep says he loves walking the team out for the FA Cup Final, the oldest national football cup competition in the world, founded in 1871, I get the impression he really means it.

Last edited:
Most pleasing for me was once again, we never panicked and didn't change our style trying to force a goal.

Rags would have been hoof and hope, with players throwing themselves to the ground as soon as they were in the box.

Our players have total belief in their ability and game plan, well done all.

Reminder me somewhat of Notts County in 2011 we used a get out of gaol card that day too and look how well that turned out. Fair gave us a great game in the right spirit, good luck to them for the rest of the season.
Anyone know what fireworks were about?
They obviously got the idea off the County fans when they did it against West Ham.
What a waste of money and time

In fairness it was a good call, Tozer was outstanding today, Phil is a superstar, he won’t mind the lad getting the nod today mate...!

I can't really get offended about it, honestly. Cheltenham turns in that performance against any PL side, it's going to be the same vote. And we know it.
Most important thing for me by far is that we won, when for quite a while I thought we were going to lose. For twenty minutes, I was in a gloom anticipating the feeding frenzy that was being prepared for us in the media and the howls of laughter amongst rival fans.

I can't really get offended about it, honestly. Cheltenham turns in that performance against any PL side, it's going to be the same vote. And we know it.
Most important thing for me by far is that we won, when for quite a while I thought we were going to lose. For twenty minutes, I was in a gloom anticipating the feeding frenzy that was being prepared for us in the media and the howls of laughter amongst rival fans.
You and me both mate, I had the Samaritans number ready to go on 79 mins... Chuffed to fuck we got there in the end..

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.