Chequebook Solutions

BillyShears said:
Comrade Buka said:
The real issue at hand is pretty much the same issue we had last year. No width, nor pace.

I think we have to accept that Mancini has set his stall out when it comes to wingers - he doesn't use them as they don't fit his slowly slowly catch a monkey brand of football. It's difficult to find quality wingers who will sit on the bench and not figure hugely the manager's plans. I imagine that had a large impact on the Hazard and Sanchez transfers. Ultimately as a player coming in if you do your homework you see the way Mancini uses the wide midfield areas.

Which makes you wonder what kind of general refuses to deploy certain weapons in an arsenal. The more diverse an arsenal is, the greater ability to counter all possible threats from the adversary.

Didsbury Dave said:
BillyShears said:
Comrade Buka said:
Relevant questions to ask, to try and conclude Nasri's best position are:

What are his strengths?

What are his weaknesses?

I think his strength lies in his passing ability. His biggest weakness seems to be his mentality and his inability to impose himself on a match in the way that Silva can. I know people often accuse him of holding to the ball for too long, or funnily enough, passing the ball sideways too often, but ball retention is paramount in Mancini's eyes which is why I imagine he plays so much.

You're right, BIlly, and I'm sure that's why he always gets played. But to me all he can and does do is simple passing. Usually backwards, usually after 6 touches and nearly always slowing the momentum of the move. He was doing it again on WEdnesday.

He doesn't lose the ball but he doesn't create enough.

He's the emporer's new clothes at City. Question his selection and everyone goes "Nasri's a great player" and you answer "Is he?" and they go "Yes. That last minute winner against Chelsea" and you go "Well what about the other 30 games he's played where for 25 he was largely ineffective" and they go "Well he was a great player at Arsenal" and you go "He was once against us and he got one brilliant goal" and they look into their beer and go "Great player, Nasri".

He's a nice little footballer who brings us very little. When City have been at their absolute best it's been through lightening quick passing and movement and incisive attacking play at pace. He stops us doing that. We were never quite the same last season when he was drafted in towards Christmas.

I know this isn't the majority opinion but I just can't see what the fuss is about this lad.
when we won the last 6 games wasnt nasri a starter in each match ,

Late transfers are the problem IMO. These guys need time playing together. Unfortunately it didn't really happen preseason.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.