Chic.....band

RadcliffeRick

Team supported
Manchester City since 2008 Chelsea before that :-)
I have not listened to Chic for some time. I was doing some youtube surfing and found a video of Chic at Glastonbury. What a fantastic performance, blown away about the number of records Nile Rodgers has been involved in.
Chic are here on December 4th, managed to get some tickets so looking forward to seeing them. I understand there were in Manchester in May, did anyone get to see them, if so was it a good show?

Yep I managed to see them at the Ritz in Manchester in May and they were absolutely stunning. An absolutely fantastic set, the hits just kept on coming. The band were so tight and the two female singers were amazing. I can honestly say it's one of the best gigs I've been to in a long time. You will not be disappointed. As an added bonus for me (big Smiths fan) they were joined onstage by Johnny Marr for the encore of 'Le Freak' as well.
Hope you enjoy the gig as much as I did mate.

The seminal Chic musical axis of Nile/Bernard and Tony Thompson were as talented as you would find anywhere.
I'm sure the current lineup are worthy successors and do a great job.

saw them at this year's Beatherder festival, not really my cup of tea, but plenty of big hits for the crowd who were more than happy :)

Jimmy Cliff more my thing at same festival, and he has a huge list of top tunes to draw from, Vietnam being one of my personal favourites, as relevant today as the day it was penned.

Saw them last week at the Sandance festival in Dubai. I wasn't that bothered about seeing them before hand, but they were brilliant. Hit after hit after hit. Nile Rodgers will leave some legacy behind.

missed them at glastonbury due to the clash with the arctic monkeys, hardest decision ever but got to see CHIC at warehouse project a few weeks ago - unbelievable live. i read somewhere that they played 25 number ones or that every song in the set was a number 1! nile rogers a true legend

Got to see Chic last night here in KL. Fantastic. If you get the chance to see them, I understand they are going to Australia, I would strongly recommend you to get tickets. You will not be dissappointed!!

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.