child friendly coach to CS?

digbythebiggestdogintheworld

I have a 5 year old who is going, and as it stands I will be driving us there and back but would rather not because it will be a long day.

Just trying to find out whether anyone is running a coach which will have little uns on it.

Or, if anyone took a young child by coach to the SF or final, what it was like for parent and child and is there anything to watch out for. He's been on long journeys in the car before but usually with mum in the back to entertain/police him.

Any info greatly appreciated.

dont know if its child friendly but give Paul a ring

<a class="postlink-local" href="http://forums.bluemoon-mcfc.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=226780&p=4662866#p4662866" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;">viewtopic.php?f=2&t=226780&p=4662866#p4662866</a>

digbythebiggestdogintheworld said:
I have a 5 year old who is going, and as it stands I will be driving us there and back but would rather not because it will be a long day.

Just trying to find out whether anyone is running a coach which will have little uns on it.

Or, if anyone took a young child by coach to the SF or final, what it was like for parent and child and is there anything to watch out for. He's been on long journeys in the car before but usually with mum in the back to entertain/police him.

Took my lad 10yrs old on the official club coach to the semi-Worst trip of my life-7hrs it took..parked up at 4.35pm..I vowed never to do it again and went on the train to the final.1HR 50Mins to Euston direct-no stops..Never will I do the coach again however I chose to that day for the safety aspect

St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

Took my lad 10yrs old on the official club coach to the semi-Worst trip of my life-7hrs it took..parked up at 4.35pm..I vowed never to do it again and went on the train to the final.1HR 50Mins to Euston direct-no stops..Never will I do the coach again however I chose to that day for the safety aspect

How on earth did it take that long mate on the official coach? I'm sure they left earlier than the one's from National Express and we got there in just over 5 hours with quite a lot of traffic towards Birmingham, a lot of traffic around Wembley and a stop at services. So, overall, pretty pleased with how long it took to get there!

Dont know where you live but there is a coach that runs from Middleton, they have children on there, my mate takes his lads who are 14, 8 and 3. If you want me to find out details for you PM me and I will get the number of the lad who runs the coach.

I used the official Thomas Cook coach for SF and F and found them great. Young kids were on the coaches both times and there were no problems.

danny123 said:
St Helens Blue (Exiled) said:

How on earth did it take that long mate on the official coach? I'm sure they left earlier than the one's from National Express and we got there in just over 5 hours with quite a lot of traffic towards Birmingham, a lot of traffic around Wembley and a stop at services. So, overall, pretty pleased with how long it took to get there!

I honestly dont know.The driver went a really funny way and we ended up on hanger lane about 1 mile from wembley for just shy of 2 hrs.There were lots of unhappy hectors on my coach and were wanting to get off and walk..5hrs home so a lot better but train for me everytime now

I was on a coach to semi final, Mate who booked it asked if there would be a toilet on coach as one of our group has problems with bladder. Woman at thomas cook promised it had a toilet on board. Needless to say when it turned up it didn't have a loo. There were about six young kids on the coach and felt sorry for the parents as it took nearly 8 hours. We had to stop at stafford for the kid to have a pee. then for a break at warrick we missed it kicking off. on arriving at wembely we found that our coach was at the rag end of the stadium had to walk back to our end through the moronic hoards and it wasn't much better after the game. So I would never ever go by coach again. Like previous poster train was alot better and worth paying just a bit extra.

On positive note on the way back dip stick of a driver decided not to go down the m56 but to use chester road. with our coach stopping at the traffic lights near the swamp just intime to see the sad lonely faces of rags getting off their coaches.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.