Children’s football - what could Man City do to help

Brodymcfc

Good morning all,
Little thread to discuss children’s football and a little moan really about Man City making a profit from it rather than helping the poorer families.

so my son plays football, he plays for a team, so he trains once a week and games at weekend. But these days that is now not enough as other kids are doing private 1 to 1 classes with coaches and these are being charged at £30 ahour.
Man City do a 12 week camp (1 session a week) but want a £285 deposit. And they have also launched a new mobile app to help dads like myself teach there own kids how to play football properly and coaching techniques but they also want £80 a year subscription fee for this help.

honestly I believe that football is becoming a rich families game. Those that have the money can afford the extra training to help there kids become elite.

anyway, little thread to discuss what are your thoughts/opinions

Attachments

• 60BB7DAB-223E-485D-9E1D-6593D639BB1F.jpeg
    60BB7DAB-223E-485D-9E1D-6593D639BB1F.jpeg
    290.2 KB · Views: 18
  • 5E2D21DB-12CB-494E-8304-4CA3F983CA07.jpeg
    5E2D21DB-12CB-494E-8304-4CA3F983CA07.jpeg
    70.2 KB · Views: 19
  • 8259EEDD-7E62-4B90-ACF0-6C33454C016E.jpeg
    8259EEDD-7E62-4B90-ACF0-6C33454C016E.jpeg
    156.1 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:
It's not much different to everything else in life.
Some kids have a private tutor some go to paid private education, some will have private dance classes etc.

It's not much different to everything else in life.
Some kids have a private tutor some go to paid private education, some will have private dance classes etc.

I always see football as life changing for kids in abusive homes or poor families, where they can switch off and have a kick about with there friends and pretend they are in a different world.

I just feel like city could do something a little more than they are for these families to give these kids a chance.
City in the community used to be great 10 years ago when it first launched and used to do allot of free lessons for kids etc but as the years have rolled on they are now making a massive profit from it all.

I was talking to a private coach recently and he reconned he could tell someone with skill in the first few minutes who would go on from there but he also said that just because parents pay a small fortune he could also tell the ones that would fail. His dilemna was how could he charge the same amount knowing the outcome and not be accused of ripping parents off. As someone said above, if you have the talent, the correct mindset and the ability to learn you'll do OK, money or not. The same applies in all walks of life.

You pays your money, and you takes your choice. City's raison d'etre is to win lots of trophies. UEFA via FFP has determined that we can only do this by spending money we generate. Hence the club has to be creative in ways of earning money, so that we can buy the best players and win more trophies.

Other clubs, such as Trafford United operate to the same constraints. Fortunately though, their primary aim is to make money for their owners to spend, rather than to win lots of trophies.

Last edited:

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.