Children’s football - what could Man City do to help

My grandson (aged 9) is attending a "soccer school" this week. And did so in the summer and last half term too.
He loves the game (and City much to my delight) and I have chipped in to get him new trainers and cost of the training. Of course the company is making a profit as would City. Don't see what the issue is.

When I was a kid in the 80s our school was visited one time by reps from bobby charltons soccer school offering summer camp placements, no idea if they are still going on but charging kids to be profesionally tutored has been around for decades tbf.

I always see football as life changing for kids in abusive homes or poor families, where they can switch off and have a kick about with there friends and pretend they are in a different world.

I just feel like city could do something a little more than they are for these families to give these kids a chance.
City in the community used to be great 10 years ago when it first launched and used to do allot of free lessons for kids etc but as the years have rolled on they are now making a massive profit from it all.
City do a lot of coaching work and support with Radcliffe Boro and Radcliffe Juniors kids teams.

Nowt new, I think Summerbee rans some kids footie school in the 80s from MCFC. I seem to remember the less poor kids on the school football team going

Well done city, free event for kids 3 to 5 years.
Maybe a moaning post on here actually worked.

Attachments

• 63926C4F-F35E-4F5B-A291-2D53109E1C1C.jpeg
    63926C4F-F35E-4F5B-A291-2D53109E1C1C.jpeg
    121.3 KB · Views: 10
Well done city, free event for kids 3 to 5 years.
Maybe a moaning post on here actually worked.
Cheers for that info pal.
We have a 3 year old grandson who we look after every Thursday.
We are always looking for ways to keep him entertained,so a 45 minute visit to the Youth Zone will be great for him.
We will have a visit to Rochdale Road next week,and see what is going on.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.