Chinese Consortium invests $400m in CFG

Why do football fans always seem to think selling shirts is a club's biggest income? Always makes me laugh that one! They genuinely think the presence of fake shirts makes this a pointless deal! Methinks they are ever so slightly missing the real issue here!

The ironic thing is, United fans should know more than any other set of fans that much of the far east market is awash with fake football shirts yet it hasn't ever stopped them knocking one out about how many fans they have over there! As GDM says though, it doesn't start and stop with replica shirt sales these days - there are plenty of other ways of making money out of a support base.

Last edited:
The resident scouser in work won't even engage me in conversation currently

Strange..he's usually such a mouthy ****
I always shut them up by saying "Whatever you were in the past, you're now basically just the UK division of a sports marketing company based in Boston for whom football is just one of their interests." They hate that and you usually get the "Come back when you've won it 5 times" routine. To which I reply "That'll be long before you've made it 6".

Why do football fans always seem to think selling shirts is a club's biggest income? Always makes me laugh that one! They genuinely think the presence of fake shirts makes this a pointless deal! Methinks they are ever so slightly missing the real issue here!
Yep.. the head guys who put this stunning deal together are currently kicking themselves.. "We forgot about the moody shirts!.. This deal is worthless!!.. WHY didn't we check on RedCafe before signing this??"...

It's notoriously difficult to "monetise" foreign fans directly. Very few buy the real shirts and the main effort is in getting them to subscribe to uniquie content. That's why the rags put so much effort into signing up foreign telecomms providers. But I'm not convinced it works as they only get about 3% of their revenue from abroad. £2m tops.

Another gem from ragcafe. ...
3 minutes ago

cybermanFull Member

Are these the same investors that were linked with United a few weeks ago?
Now I don't want to be picky but I can see a pattern forming here.
Players, managers and now investors.
Amazing.

You have to admire the mere simplicity of thought

Bwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha - check out the last comment!

"Football has really gone to shit hasn't it? Sometimes I wonder why I bother still watching it.
Every league will end up like Scotland soon."

"Drop down a few divisions mate - the top ones are screwed. Go visit your local National League outfit (or equivalent) and you'll have a good time."

"Japanese football is shite."

Telegraph reporting sam Wallace, since Chineese president visited city we have had tons of interest from china wanting to do business with us at all levels.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.