Chorlton

Lloyd's don't show any sport. The pubs that show football are spread Eagle and Royal Oak in Central chorlton and then Bowling green, the beach and Trevor arms in the posher part (bowling green). Trevor arms and the beach are more city pubs.

Ahh, it's changed in the 5 years since I was last there then, understandably. It was a while ago like.

My favourite memory of the beech was being in there for the Benjani 1-2, and beating Bayern away in the Trevor.

The landlord of the Bowling Green, no idea if he's still there, was my landlord for a couple of years on Keppel Road in the mid 00s. An Irish rag.

Is that the one on the bridge? Single storey pub with net curtains?
Going from the main lights in the direction of the swamp it's on the left just past the library.
Nothing special about it except the beer which suits me.

Ahh, it's changed in the 5 years since I was last there then, understandably. It was a while ago like.

My favourite memory of the beech was being in there for the Benjani 1-2, and beating Bayern away in the Trevor.

The landlord of the Bowling Green, no idea if he's still there, was my landlord for a couple of years on Keppel Road in the mid 00s. An Irish rag.
Was it in the Bee Gees house?

We used to go in a say it was one of our birthdays and get a free desert!

Went downhill towards the end and Asian Fusion and Coriander were better options.
The original Coriander was mindblowing,it went downhill when it expanded.

Asian Fusion also nose dived,and its why i stopped making the 12 mile round trip for the best takeaway curry in Manchester.

As for Azid Manzil.....there was a bit of scandal iirc.

Stay there every time I come up for City games at a mate's place. Massive choice of pubs, bars & food outlets. I recommend the Chorlton Tap, Mary & Archie's, The Beech & The Beer House.
Avoid The Royal Oak, Bar 48 & The Spread Eagle as they are Rag Central.
For food, the Dutch Fish Men chippy & Little Yeti Nepalese cafe are great.
The Spread Eagle had plenty of celebrating City fans in when I staggered in there after the recent swamp Derby. On the other hand the Royal Oak was like a funeral parlour! The Beech was always quite a Blue pub. I went there after the 6-1 and people were literally dancing on chairs and tables.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.