Chris Barker RIP

Christ, that's tough. No mention of any underlying illness; "sudden death". You can't imagine what his family must be going through. Puts our whinging about VAR, Bravo etc into perspective.

I hope and prey it is not another guy who is totally lost after his career is over. Condolences to his friends and family RIP

Sounds like it is, not being treated as suspicious apparently.
Two young daughters he had too. Very sad.
I think there is a great need for at least, a counselling service or some type of support, if it does not already exist. I cannot imagine the change in being adored by all then after a few short years have " nothing" in your life, must be very difficult. RIP

I think there is a great need for at least, a counselling service or some type of support, if it does not already exist. I cannot imagine the change in being adored by all then after a few short years have " nothing" in your life, must be very difficult. RIP
Yeah the come down is huge, like you say from hero to normal joe in a heartbeat. I'm sure something was set up after what happened with Clark Carlisle.

You would think the PFA would be working with players to support them after they retire before they retire.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.