Christmas.....pagan?

brass neck

I love Christmas, but everything i love about it seems more pagan than christian to me, greenery, giving, father Christmas, party's,

how about Easter i thought.... birth, eggs, chickens, reproduction etc...seems very pagan to me

it strikes me that the Christians were like the Borg off star trek, taking over, assimilate and to do so they jumped upon popular beliefs and festivals, took them as there own and gained a foothold.

makes me laugh when you get Christians who dont do Halloween because its pagan......

I wa bought up not to celebrate it.

All i see is marketing and cynisim with it.

mat said:
I wa bought up not to celebrate it.

All i see is marketing and cynisim with it.
You had no presents when you were little?

It all becomes clear...

brass neck said:
it strikes me that the Christians were like the Borg off star trek, taking over, assimilate and to do so they jumped upon popular beliefs and festivals, took them as there own and gained a foothold..

Only when I see cube shaped churches....would I accept that comparison..

brass neck said:
it strikes me that the Christians were like the Borg off star trek, taking over, assimilate and to do so they jumped upon popular beliefs and festivals, took them as there own and gained a foothold.

No shit Sherlock? Bugger me - that could be the reason why so many churches are built on former burial mounds, why the Mystery plays superceded the former mummers' plays after the church loathly accepted it would have to allow the proles to continue their traditions following mass protests when it barred them, and why every Christian festival conveniently coincides with a previous pagan one. You might just be onto something.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.