CIES Football Observatory Top 25 Transfer Values Worldwide

SebastianBlue

President, International Julian Alvarez Fan Club
I know CIES valuations can be suspect, including this year’s iteration (Sancho and Fernandes ahead of de Bruyne, at any age?), but put your hand up if, in your wildest dreams, you ever thought we would have three of the Top 10 most valuable players in the world per any list when you were a young fan watching us lose to Ipswich Town, home and away, after barely climbing back up to the promised land (or during the even darker days for the FOCs, you poor bastards).

And that one of them would be a born and bred blue!

We’ve come along way — here’s to a few more years of success before it all goes tits (out Jackie) up!
F3-DA2-A69-F15-F-45-BC-960-C-4-D0344-A62-A82.jpg

Bellingham; 5th? I know he's very good, and his age will be a contributory factor. But 5th seems very generous. And no trace of KDB in there?

Bellingham; 5th? I know he's very good, and his age will be a contributory factor. But 5th seems very generous. And no trace of KDB in there?
I let that one go only because both growth potential and future potential performance (just time they have left to play at a high level) adds quite a bit to the transfer value.

Bellingham also gets the benefit of being more of an “unknown quantity” than Foden (or de Bruyne), which gives him the “could be even better in a better team in a higher level league” premium.

So Grealish wins the PL and has dropped 50% in value, but Sancho who hardly played in a rags team that ended up 6th with their lowest points tally has gone up in value, pmsl.
That would assume his value last season was what we paid (which it clearly wasn't) Not that I agree with the values, but the value is clearly heavily influenced by age and perceived potential hence why its mainly kids and more established elite are considerably devalued. So based on those things it's hard to disagree.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.