CIES Football Observatory Top 25 Transfer Values Worldwide

And haven't we just signed Erling for half the value he is listed at.
What a crock of shit that CIES valuation table is.

Only one table matters....the Prem League table !
We signed him for half his value due to him having a release clause. That’s why his wages are so high as he and his agency know his true worth and his increased wages reflect the low cost to City of his fee.

If every footballer in the world was suddenly available on a free transfer tomorrow then it’s probably Mbappe, Haaland, Salah, KDB, Foden, Vinicius, Mane, Bellingham, Kimmich, Donnarumma in that order

If every footballer in the world was suddenly available on a free transfer tomorrow then it’s probably Mbappe, Haaland, Salah, KDB, Foden, Vinicius, Mane, Bellingham, Kimmich, Donnarumma in that order
I can’t believe you left out Scott Carson.

I think I understand the methodology at least a little (age and value to current club make sense), but Luis Diaz at 95m is strange. What am I missing there

That would assume his value last season was what we paid (which it clearly wasn't) Not that I agree with the values, but the value is clearly heavily influenced by age and perceived potential hence why its mainly kids and more established elite are considerably devalued. So based on those things it's hard to disagree.
If what a team actually had to pay to get a player isn't a true reflection of his transfer value, then what is? And by this logic, does anyone think that it would cost less to buy Grealish off us now than it would have cost to buy him off Villa last summer?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.