City’s best performances between 1990 and 2008 (pre takeover)?

The 3-4 against Spurs was a great comeback - we were absolutely dead and buried and down to 10 men thanks to that bellend Barton. The second half was just sensational! Me and my Dad watched it in the local and could hardly believe it, especially when the 4th went in the place went wild!

It was great watching the video someone posted of the game, how good was Distin? He was a Rolls Royce of a player and I think Pep would take him in this team! Also good to see some of my favourite at the time, SWP, Dunne and Sun Jihai. Sun and SWP down the right were superb together.

I loved Tiatto's reaction against Norwich, he was another favourite of mine who took no prisoners ha ha!

I think in all honesty, it's the 3-1 against United in 2002. I didn't expect us to get anything from the game - they were at their peak. We were a bit of a ragtag of players led by KK and I just expected to get beat (again). I loved The Goat and when he mugged Neville that was POETRY! The lob over Barthez was also pure Goat. Overall it was a great game and my favourite.

I bet when The Goat never expected to play alongside Anelka and Weah in his playing career!

Didn’t we lose away at Wigan the midweek before that 3-1 and also lost our centre halves.. ended up with Mettomo and Weikens playing in the defence against them.

Millwall at home during the promotion season was pretty special too. Ali B sent off in first five minutes. Battered them with ten men for the rest of the game. Got 2 late goals to win it 2-0. Best game of Huckerby’s career

The 3-4 against Spurs was a great comeback - we were absolutely dead and buried and down to 10 men thanks to that bellend Barton. The second half was just sensational! Me and my Dad watched it in the local and could hardly believe it, especially when the 4th went in the place went wild!

It was great watching the video someone posted of the game, how good was Distin? He was a Rolls Royce of a player and I think Pep would take him in this team! Also good to see some of my favourite at the time, SWP, Dunne and Sun Jihai. Sun and SWP down the right were superb together.

I loved Tiatto's reaction against Norwich, he was another favourite of mine who took no prisoners ha ha!

I think in all honesty, it's the 3-1 against United in 2002. I didn't expect us to get anything from the game - they were at their peak. We were a bit of a ragtag of players led by KK and I just expected to get beat (again). I loved The Goat and when he mugged Neville that was POETRY! The lob over Barthez was also pure Goat. Overall it was a great game and my favourite.

I bet when The Goat never expected to play alongside Anelka and Weah in his playing career!
Goater came back from injury to share the bench with Weah once, they were never on the pitch together.

Didn’t we lose away at Wigan the midweek before that 3-1 and also lost our centre halves.. ended up with Mettomo and Weikens playing in the defence against them.
Distin and Howey got injured, but we were playing 3 CBs, and so Dunne teamed up with the above 2 as the only survivor.

Tbf we had a perfectly good goal disallowed as well. Flitcroft was offside for his first but his second seemed perfectly fine.
Fair comment.i didn't go to this match for some reason,so can't remember the disallowed goal.
Which brings me to another of City's best performances...we were due to play Burnley away,on a Sunday,under Roberto Mancini.i decided in my wisdom I couldn't be arsed going to turf moor on a Sunday...watched the match on sky...and regretted my decision as we absolutely battered Burnley 6-1 in the pouring rain....a brilliant performance.

1-0 win over Newcastle at the start of the 02-03 season. Some short (admittedly Newcastle-skewed) highlights of it here.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.