City’s New Kits

Navy is a big core colour for City home kits.

For 80 years of our 130 years, we’ve had navy socks or at least navy trim on our home kits.

We’ve only had maroon anywhere on our home kits for 8 years of our 130 years.

This what we were formed as a club wearing and is our most common kit combination that we’ve worn for 66 years of our history:

View attachment 132393

We only had solid sky blue socks for the first time after nearly seven decades after we were formed and this has been our home kit for just 37 years of our history.

View attachment 132400
our away kit from the mid 20s til 69 was maroon.. 8 years??? behave bert

navy socks are a standard we should always have too

I think the Oasis kit is terrible, but it's aimed at children (any adult should be ashamed of wearing it) so I have no issues with us having it as an away kit, even though I think it's awful
However, if we have a yellow and black striped second kit, why do we need this Oasis kit?
"Some might say" it's marketing for Puma, perhaps a contractual obligation,. Isn't that the same for the Chinese New Year kit they release every year?
Even worse, is that we have an all maroon third kit
If sky and white clashes with another club's home kit,then yellow and black certainly won't, so why do we have the maroon kit?
OK, a Champions league away kit could be the Oasis kit, yellow and black gor the Prem and just in case for the CL
I understand that we've worn an away kit at home for various reasons such as the fog at Maine Road, but we should always be wearing out traditional home kit at home except for exceptional circumstances, such as weather
That decision to wear navy (the David James game) went down like a fart in a diver's helmet amongst our supporters
It didn't help that it also was a shite kit

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.