City’s New Kits

You know what, controversial probably, and don’t get me wrong initially I hated it, but when you get over the bollocks about the 0161 it actually looks quite nice. Is what it is, same furore every year.

If it was an abstract design on the trim that looked similar, instead of the numbers, I'd love it.

Controversial maybe but I like it and particularly the Manchester links Puma have introduced over recent years which differentiate us from other teams in the Greater Manchester boroughs
Well with the exception of the paisley kit

Last edited:
Imagine sticking a number on the collar when this 115 charges shit is going on, we’ll be getting the “should say 115 not 0161” shit from every Tom Dick & Harry…what numpty at Puma thought that would be a good idea at the moment? Beggars belief the bad timing of it.
Notwithstanding the fact that the stupid black collar spoils the strip, imagine that kit with a simple, white collar and cuffs…lovely.

Imagine sticking a number on the collar when this 115 charges shit is going on, we’ll be getting the “should say 115 not 0161” shit from every Tom Dick & Harry…what numpty at Puma thought that would be a good idea at the moment? Beggars belief the bad timing of it.
Notwithstanding the fact that the stupid black collar spoils the strip, imagine that kit with a simple, white collar and cuffs…lovely.
I think it's navy, not black.

Personally don't care one way or the other about the 0161. I wouldn't even know that's what is on the collar without a close inspection. Just looks like a pattern to me.

Don't rise to it. Simply reply that you haven't bought it but absolutely would have done had the numbers been 115 instead of 0161.

It's a navy collar not black, which we've had before, but agree that it's probably the worst time possible to make numbers the focus of the design. Quite funny that 1 and 6 are featured so heavily though ...

I love the fact we have this unique identifier on our shirts to show where we and we alone play.

Wait, there’s a dozen other clubs in the 0161 area?

But City have now prevented any other club in the area identifying with a uniquely Mancunian set of numbers so it's actually quite clever.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.