City “buy” the FA Cup!

Thanks for those comments.Appreciated. I’m posting lots of comment on City’s history on my new blog at the moment and have lots of stuff for subscribers on that 1904 success (it’s Www.GJFootballArchive.com if anyone’s interested). I really appreciate the support I’ve had from Bluemooners over the years. Ta!
All your hard work and dedication that goes into to pieces of work like this are much appreciated and very informative.
I also think it helps some of our younger supporters to learn more about our rich history.

It was wonderful. I wonder if the club has other plans to cover other periods of our history. I loved the links to present day but I hadn't appreciated how important that final was to Manchester becoming a football City.
I’ve researched and written lots on this over the decades. This made Manchester a football City. I’m posting lots on this and history of City on my new blog www.gjfootballarchive.com including for subscribers the entire Manchester A Football History. Lots more to follow.

As I work at the National Football Museum its great this historic trophy is staying in Manchester and England for all to see

this is so good for manchester and National Football Museum. plus our owners did not need to buy it ? but again this will not get media credit it deserves because the media think city again splashing the cash again for a publicity stunt

can i add what has manchester united ever done for manchester and its people in the past 100 years ?? NOTHING
just over 10 years manchester city and its amazing owners have pump £millions into manchester and have turn east manchester into something special that people want to live here and build a future

this is so good for manchester and National Football Museum. plus our owners did not need to buy it ? but again this will not get media credit it deserves because the media think city again splashing the cash again for a publicity stunt

can i add what has manchester united ever done for manchester and its people in the past 100 years ?? NOTHING
just over 10 years manchester city and its amazing owners have pump £millions into manchester and have turn east manchester into something special that people want to live here and build a future
Hats off to the Sheikh, like you said he didn't have to or need to do this but did it anyway.

To be fair to the Rags, why would they want to do anything for a City that neither they or the majority of their fans come from?

Hats off to the Sheikh, like you said he didn't have to or need to do this but did it anyway.

To be fair to the Rags, why would they want to do anything for a City that neither they or the majority of their fans come from?

but what about manchester and its people ? united could have put money into manchester to invite business housing schools for people to stay and live and build a future in manchester ? city owners are investing in manchester not just manchester city football club and its fans.

people from all the world are coming to live in east manchester and they have bought into our history and cotton mills and they love the canals and city centre and its people blue or red

but what about manchester and its people ? united could have put money into manchester to invite business housing schools for people to stay and live and build a future in manchester ? city owners are investing in manchester not just manchester city football club and its fans.

people from all the world are coming to live in east manchester and they have bought into our history and cotton mills and they love the canals and city centre and its people blue or red
I think we both know the answer to that one.
As a club, City have always been community focused doing a lot of good work that goes under the radar that they neither seek or want publicity for and historically the Rags have done nothing but take when they needed help and do next to nothing or throw in the odd token gesture which is usually accompanied by a media wankfest when they do.
It's a culture thing IMO and one of the numerous reasons that I'm so happy to be a blue.

It's one of the reasons why I will never countenance the idea that the F.A. Cup is minor or has lost its magic. It's a venerable old trophy, and I'm pretty sure (without needing to check it) that it's the oldest trophy, older than any form of championship, in the English game, and presumably the Scottish one too. Jesus, just think of our own Bert Trautmann, and his association with it!
If the dippers, with all their ‘history’, sack it off, just shows that they don't know much about football history in the general sense.
I remember going to two or three F.A. Cup finals in the 70s, along with the 81 final, and it used to give me goose pimples glimpsing those twin towers as the tube train drew in at Wembley Park. And then again, when “Abide With Me” was sung. And I don't care if I sound like Clive Dunn. Fuck it, I am Clive Dunn, now…
Don’t panic!

Don't panic!

To be fair Stretford created housing when they evicted widow's from club owned houses after the tragic events in 1958 shame on them and their vile history

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.