City 0 EFC 1 U21s

Dave Ewing's Back 'eader

Not an inspiring performance. We had little threat up front until the dying minutes and then we squandered what we created. EFC were a little more unified and we seldom troubled them. Don't know how the goal went in. From Gunn's reaction I don't know whether it was deflected or not. Interesting match nonetheless.

That game had so much that I really hate in football. First City played pretty badly but we lost to a crap side and they spent more time timewasting than trying to play football. Yes they were an organised lot and as ever they were a much bigger side than we were but they looked bang average to me.

Yet we lost and apart from a couple of moments near the end we never looked like scoring. We were crying out for some one to do something a bit special but it just wasnt happening and we lacked the pace in our pas and move attempts. Barker wasn't at itfrom the start on his return but he kept going and he did get past his man couple of times in the 2nd half as his confidence started to come back.

I thought Intima looked more likely for a while and he missed our best chance in the first half after a great run by Horsfield. Faupala worked hard but did nothing, Celina was tidy but not really creative and missed two chances late on and one looked a sitter. Garcia (Alex) looked good in the first half and controlled the game without really looking like creating anything.He went off at half time with Glendon dropping back into his role. It showed how well Garcia had played as Glendon didn't give us the same solid midfield base.

Isaac Buckley came on with 20 to go and his pace got us the chance of the game as he burst down the inside left channel, got to the byline and picked out Celina who just had to score but hit the post instead.

Here's hoping for better on Thursday from the 18's

Pretty frustrating watch with too many players off form. I'd put it all down to more of a "bad day at the office" than anything to worry about. There was a reasonable amount of effort, but just no invention whatsoever. A team like Everton, who came to spoil and be solid, coped with that with relative ease.

Agree a lot with what Nelly's Left Foot says above. Found the substitution of Garcia, unless there was an injury, pretty weird. He was having a good game, and the more I see of him the more I like him. Intima about the only dangerous player, so odd to see him go off too. Especially so when Barker was having a shocker (in my opinion).

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.