City! a Granada documentary

Just finished the first season of 'Sunderland til I Die' . Any City fan who says they miss the old days of our 54 man squad and a new manager every month is a fuckin dick.

Yep I'm only 3 episodes into that series having started it the other night. The similarities between it and our fall down the divisions are stark.

You look at that and realise what an utter shambles we were. It was actually a miracle we didn't sink so low earlier. Allison thought he could build a team like Joe Mercer and he did in the sixties but it went disastrously wrong. Swales should never have been anywhere near a top club like ours, which we were when he became chairman.

The flipping of the beer mat in the boardroom.

John Bond - in a hotel you will call me boss as there may be other people called John.

First intro to the players and mentions Carrow Road by mistake.

Those episodes have some comical moments.

Just finished the first season of 'Sunderland til I Die' . Any City fan who says they miss the old days of our 54 man squad and a new manager every month is a fuckin dick.
In your opinion.
For those of us who enjoyed sat 3pm kick offs,played for City supoorters club ,were part of huge vocal City away folliwings,no diving ,no var,reasonable prices,pay on the gate,read brilliant fanzines and were part of something really special......I miss the "old days" which include smashing utd 5-1, huddersfield 10-1 fancy dress days out at Stoke with 15k away followers,the inflatables craze,madchester music scene and a real togetherness amongst fans,who were respected up and down the country......its a different matter.
Bit out of order calling us' fuckin dicks' Sir
Home and away for 29 years, enjoyed all of it,but Maine road is where the heart is pal.imo...
Every home game before kick off we used to chant the name of every single 1st team player..now folk are too busy taking selfies or getting a last min bet in...Plastic money driven business now
Each to their own.

Last edited:
In your opinion.
For those of us who enjoyed sat 3pm kick offs,played for City supoorters club ,were part of huge vocal City away folliwings,no diving ,no var,reasonable prices,pay on the gate,read brilliant fanzines and were part of something really special......I miss the "old days" which include smashing utd 5-1, huddersfield 10-1 fanxy dress days out at Stoke with 15k away followers,the inflatables craze,madchester music scene and a real togetherness amongst fans,who were respected up and down the country......its a different matter.
Bit out of order calling us' fuckin dicks' Sir
Home and away for 29 years, enjoyed all of it,but Maine road is where the heart is pal.imo...
Every home game before kick off we used to chant the name of every single 1st team player..now folk are too busy taking selfies or getting a last min bet in...Plastic money driven business now
Each to their own.

Well I must be the dick then. I had a better laugh watching us do the domestic quadruple last season than I ever did watching Wycombe Wanderers do a league double on us. But that's just my opinion.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.