City and debt

eddie c 123

Got into an argument with a rag and so I was wondering if anyone can help me out with a few questions about debt involving our club and other prem clubs.

Do we have any debt?

Will the rags debt eventually catch up to them and how much are they in debt?

If our owner leaves will we owe him money? a chelsea fan said this to me and was saying about their owner and that the club owes him money which is their debt.

Thanks guys :)

We have no debt, the money being spent is a 'gift' from Sheikh Mansour.

The rags debt will eventually catch them up in about 6 years or so as they struggle to pay the interest on the debt each year (something like 80mill per year I think)

Our owners are in this for the long term. The most important thing for them is to take something i.e. City and turn it into the best no matter how much money it takes!

Sheikh Mansour has stated it isn't a loan like Chelsea. As for the rags they won the League and the Champions League made an operating profit of approx £60 million yet the debt increased by over £40 million meaning surely it actually went up approx £100 million but the profit reduced it.

Hopefully if the Sheikh ever did pull out we will be generating huge revenue streams because that is the long term target make the team successful and profitable.

From what I can gather, but I am no financial bod...

1) We were brought outright by a private investor with his own money. he owns the club and if he sells at a loss then that is his loss. The club does not 'owe' him anything.

2. Chelsea have been given some 'directors' loans and if the club is sold then the loans need to be re-paid to the owners, but the club was purchased with the owners money.

3. The scum have been purchased using borrowed money which their owners than transferred over to the business, so if they are sold then the new owners will need to repay the debts owed to the banks.

City debt £0
Utd debt £750 million (a quarter of a billion)
need anything else to shut the twat up?

denislawsbackheel said:
City debt £0
Utd debt £750 million (a quarter of a billion)
need anything else to shut the twat up?
You might want to multiply that quarter of a billion by 3 mate ;-)

Bazinho said:
We have no debt, the money being spent is a 'gift' from Sheikh Mansour.

The rags debt will eventually catch them up in about 6 years or so as they struggle to pay the interest on the debt each year (something like 80mill per year I think)

Our owners are in this for the long term. The most important thing for them is to take something i.e. City and turn it into the best no matter how much money it takes!

How great does that sound.

*shivers with excitement*

We have no debt.

But we also have no stadium. Therefore, the only assets we have to sell are the players. Which, I think is a good situation to be in. We can sell the players, but we can never sell our home. Whatever happens, we'll always have a ground. Some clubs who are in the sh!t could sell their ground if they have big debts to pay. It's a great deal David Bernstein set up for us on that front.

I think it's a brilliant situation we're in.

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.