City and Israel

There just aren't that many good Jewish players/prospects. I don't think we have any Arab players either, nor do we seem to pursue them. Not many good footballers come from that region of the world.

Blue Haze said:
There just aren't that many good Jewish players/prospects. I don't think we have any Arab players either, nor do we seem to pursue them. Not many good footballers come from that region of the world.

Watching City U-16's team against Aspire Qatar earlier today I disagree. Some of their kids were pretty decent.

Why Always Ste said:
Blue Haze said:

Watching City U-16's team against Aspire Qatar earlier today I disagree. Some of their kids were pretty decent.

Were they? Perhaps in the future. I'm still waiting on Omar Abdul Rahman.

weird topic to start and seems like it's a not very subtle dig.

the emirates don't have diplomatic relations with Israel, though they are far more friendly both in terms of government and the average citizen than most other arab countries to Israel. Generally when you get into these sorts of big businesses the common tribal loyalties don't matter

Why Always Ste said:
I'm not totally knowledgeable on this so maybe fellow Blues could post on this subject but do our Owners (ADUG/Mansour) have something where they don't acknowledge Israel as a country? and or Judaism as a religion?

If this is the case, would they be against possibly signing a known Jewish player?
It's easy........ When have you ever seen religious or cultural differences stand in the way of making money?

Prestwich_Blue said:
I certainly don't believe they have any problem with Jews as such. At least one of the non-executive directors they appointed is Jewish and I know that Jews have been heavily involved in a number of projects in Abu Dhabi.

They don't have diplomatic relations with Israel but as I understand it, there are commercial relationships with Israeli companies, who do business there. There was an incident a few years ago when a leading Hamas member was assassinated in Dubai and they banned all Israelis from entering the UAE as a result. However, an Israeli cabinet minister is due in Abu Dhabi shortly (later today I think) and it's entirely possible that Israel has been working to repair relations, as both countries see Iran as a problem. They have far more in common than divides them.

I would say the very tiny number of people in power in Iran. Iran in general is probably most like a western country in it's thinking that any other in that area. The problem being is that they have nutters who can rig elections in charge.

You mean does the UAE have a problem with Israel ? Yes they do. They don't recognize Israel as a country. Israeli's are not allowed to enter the UAE.

Would City sign a Jewish player ? Why not ?

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.