City bus scheme for home games - bus tracking (P91)

It's a nice idea and they're trying but it will probably still be quicker and cheaper to drive and park outside the restrictions near Oldham road

Might be tempted to use it when I'm having a few drinks

That’s the one I’d be looking too. I’ll have to get a sprint on to get back there before it leaves!
I was trying to do the maths based on Brentford. If the game is ending around 9:20/9:25pm then there's not time to applaud the players if I need to walk to Vermillion by 9:45pm (the scheduled leaving time) as I will likely need to allow time for a pitstop on the way out and then there's the stewards controlling fans down Joe Mercer Way. I wonder if they'll be flexible with the departures to allow 5 - 10 mins injury time? Think I'll see how they run before trying them myself.

Chinnock helicopters might be answer
Many a true word is spoken in jest

I’m sure i read somewhere that a group of blues were chartering a helicopter to Wembley one time, might even have been the rags final, as it worked out about the same price as going down on the train.

The obvious route is down Kingsway, Burnage Lane, Stockport Road, Broom Lane, Mount Road, and on to the Etihad. I would definitely use it.
Looking at all the routes, they all start further out than that so it looks like it’s aimed primarily at those who live further afield with pick-ups along the way. The closest one I can see to you is the one from Offerton that picks up in Heaton Chapel and Reddish or the one that starts in Wythenshawe and picks up in Withington. I’d have thought there might at least be a pick up in Burnage for that one.

People have been calling for better public transport, so it’s definitely a welcome start.

It’s no good for me but if you live near a pick up point it could be a great way of getting to the game.

There’s bound to be a bit of trial and error. Some routes will probably have demand more than capacity and others underused. So hopefully they’ll monitor it carefully during the trial and be flexible to adjustments if need be.

I’ve said it before but too many fans walking in the road to make that be a suitable route.

The very much under used City Link walkway could be cheaply changed to a bus route straight to the back of Piccadilly station. A bit of work to link up to allow the buses to use the tram tracks from Hokt Town including bollards to stop cars using it.

Improve the canal route for the walkers.

Easy :)
Those walking routes appear busy when I've used them

Nowt wrong with the Canal either, it's actually a nice walk and I would recommend it

Don't have an account? Register now and see fewer ads!

Back
  AdBlock Detected
Bluemoon relies on advertising to pay our hosting fees. Please support the site by disabling your ad blocking software to help keep the forum sustainable. Thanks.